“worth the twenty minute drive”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Methuen, Massachusetts
“worth the twenty minute drive”
Reviewed May 7, 2006

“It looks like a motel room,” said my wife as we walked into our room at the Best Western Bedford Inn, and she was right. The room looked like the standard hotel room in the standard highway hotel with two double beds (not queens), a dresser table two chairs and a TV. Other than the contemporary bedspreads, I felt as though we had stepped back into the 70’s. My first impression was, “this is nothing special.” We had a clean, comfortable room for an overnight on the highway complete with trucks transmission braking as they negotiated the interstate onramp.

The room was very clean. I checked corners and looked for things undone. I found none. As I did so I found little things that distinguished this room from some others. There was, for example, an ironing board and iron, and the TV had a connection for a game system or portable DVD. My wife connected to the free wireless network with little effort and the signal was strong. Looking at the promotional material in the room it was obvious that the hotel was working for long-term stay people going to nearby ski resorts.

It was the next day that we discovered that this roadside hotel was more than what was seen. The back of the hotel, and its rooms face a park-like setting around the pool (empty on our visit) and hot-tub. Had I known, I would have requested a room change to this part of the hotel.

Finally, the full, hot breakfast buffet is worth the effort. Eggs, bacon, sausage (a local and flavorful variety), as well as French toast, and potatoes highlight the buffet with a mix of seasonal fruits also available. The restaurant looks over the pool and the décor of the restaurant is a stained glass theme.

Would I stay again? Compared to the bustling Breezewood strip and the run-down New Stanton offering this is a gem. The price was good, the room was comfortable and the little amenities reflect a true desire to be hospitable. This hotel is worth the extra twenty minute drive.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank RiverRev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Erieville
Reviewed April 8, 2006

We'd been on the road for 10 days before arriving at the B.W. in Bedford; we'd chosen it only because of their pet friendly policy and their location. We were very pleasantly surprised by how clean and spacious the room was, how excellent the restaurant was, and then there's the humungous free breakfast buffet.
The staff was warm and helpful and there's free high speed internet service in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank kaks
London Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We used this hotel as a stop on our way to Virginia. We are a family of 5 and didn't expect much. We were pleasantly surprised.

The staff was exceptional and the rooms were just right. We requested a roll away and it was in the room when we arrived. It's nice to not have to make an issue of something after a long drive.

We spent a few hours lounging by the pool, which was a really nice atmosphere, backing onto a large grass field.

To top it off, breakfast in the morning was included. Not just a continental breafast either, it was full bore, all hands on deack eggs, panckaes, waffles, cereals...well you get the idea. It cost 89 bucks and was worth every penny.

Stayed July 2004
6 Thank wickman11
New York
Reviewed August 23, 2005

We stopped here for a night on the way back from Michigan. It was overall pretty nice, but our room had some stains on the ceiling and smelled a little musty. However, the front desk was nice, and the jacuzzi was the perfect way to relax!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank Cancun_curious
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel every summer on my way to New England for some years now and am never dissapointed. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast buffet, nice pool! Also Bedford is a quaint little town with some interesting shops and old-fashioned movie theater, Bedford Village. Definitely worth a stop!!

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2004

I have been homesick for this town ever since I had to leave it in 1941. I come back each year for the Fall Foliage Festival and wander around the town and Old Bedford Village, immersing myself in the local history and old buildings. Most of my old classmates are no longer living, the businesses have changed hands and those wonderful drugstore soda fountains have disappeared--but this is still a wonderful town to spend a vacation in. The hotels are good, the food is good and the Fall foliage days are great--my husband says that Bedford reminds him of Main Street in Disneyland and he can't wait to come back again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#2 of 8 in Breezewood
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#9 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!