“Outstanding breakfast”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Bloomfield, New York
“Outstanding breakfast”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The motel fronts on a commercial road, but the back overlooks the swimming pool and beyond that is a very nice rural landscape.
An outstanding feature is breakfast. They gave us coupons for the excellent breakfast buffet at their restaurant. This was better than almost any motel you will find.
This is typical of the nicest motels built in the '50's and '60's. So it is old, but good. The biggest problem is poor sound insulation. Although the motel was nearly empty, they put us close to a group of rooms occupied by workers from a nearby project, and they carried on loud conversation right outside our door both at night and in the morning. To make it worse, the air conditioner fan turned off every time the compressor cycled off, so we couldn't even have the fan to mask the talking. Eventually we were nearly asleep, and someone pounded hard on our door. They probably thought one of their buddies was in that room.
If we had not been put next to the loud guys, and if the air conditioner fan didn't cycle, I would have rated this much higher.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
It is so nice to hear you enjoyed our great breakfast buffet at Clara's Place Restaurant. I want to apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. To renew your confidence in us,
please call me personally to make your next reservation and I will extend a 50% discount for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was needing a cheap place for the night in the Bedford area and trusted the tripadvisor app on my phone and tried the Travelodge. While it is a very old motel it appears the management and staff care about the place. My room was clean, the staff very helpful and the breakfast buffet just put it over the top.
I'm a business traveler that normally stays in Holiday Inn Express so I judge the "Free" buffet any motel offers by HIE's buffet. The breakfast buffet at the Travelodge was way better and is the main reason I give this motel a 4 point rating. I would look forward to staying there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Motel is close to the road with a lot of heavy truck traffic so if you are a lite sleeper ask for a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cksmithgm, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comments on your recent stay with us. I will share your praise with my staff, and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed during the Memorial Day weekend 2013. After checking in to our room,we saw that the refrigerator and microwave which we reserved with the room were not in the room. After reporting it, management brought us a refrgerator within 30 minutes and the microwave the next day. A dog barking and whining was bothersome but the hotel allows pets. It was a nice place to stay for a few days. The breakfast buffet was well organized and bountiful. Many choices and the wait staff were very attentive to each one's needs. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your nice comments on your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. Our breakfast buffet is one of the best amenities included with your stay. I hope you come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Best Western Plaza Inn
Best Western Plaza Inn
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Bedford

Property: Travelodge Bedford
Address: 4517 Business 220, Exit 146 PA Turnpike, Bedford, PA 15522-7763 (Formerly Bedford Inn)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Bedford
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Family Hotel in Bedford
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Bedford 2*
Travelodge Bedford is located right at the exit off I-76 West, Intersection of I-99 and business 220, a 30 minutes drive to ALTOONA, 2 hours to Pittsburg,PA. Great for travelers overnight stay, truckers Parking available on site, complimentary breakfast, Free WI-Fi, 24 hours CCTV cameras for security for safety and worry free stay, great Amenities at property include Kids friendly environment game room, Outdoor SPA, Seasonal Pool opens in Summer, conference rooms with WI-FI and on-site restaurant with American food, Exterior property with access to parking right outside your room, Fitness room with Sauna. Come visit the historic town of Bedford with lots of outdoor activities in and around the town. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Bedford Hotel Bedford