“Great Overnight Stay!”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband, mother and I just traveled up to Bedford Pennsylvania on June 07-09, 2008. We wanted to enjoy the local history and shopping and the Best Western was easy to find off of the PA. Turnpike and was centrally located. Check in was easy, Amy and the Front Desk Staff were helpful, cheerful and accommodating. I had my Seizure Alert Dog in tow, and, it is a pet friendly hotel. Amy offered us additional handicap accommodations which was lovely on her part. We were able to check in a bit early, nice since we had a four hour drive and were tired. Unfortunately, the weather was wretchedly hot at 94-96 degrees! The room was immaculate, we had a fridge and a microwave, two queen beds, and, enjoy of room for all of the pet supplies and luggage and coolers. Apparently they just did some rennovations. It was a bit noisey being to the front of the hotel with road noise. Next time, I will ask for a room in the back. The ground were well manicured, the pool and hot tub very clean. We had coupons for a free buffett breakfast at Clara's, right on site, and, it was wonderful! Plenty of choices, nice and hot, and good service. We visited the Old Bedford Village, Fort Bedford Museum, and, a few shops downtown. The heat was the kicker. We want to return in the fall, for their Fall Foliage Festival and will definetly stay at the Best West again! I had a fifty dollar coupon from Orbitz and as such, saved some money that way!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2008

I stayed there with my dog and was greeted by very friendly front desk staff. They were helpful and placed us in a room that opened up directly to a huge mowed field in the back of the hotel, a perfect spot to run your dog. Rooms were clean and there is a restraunt that is located on the property. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2008

My family and I stayed here on our way home from vacation. It was the 3rd hotel in a series and we had driven from Niagara Falls, ON to make it to that destination.

The hotel is a little older and is, I think, what one would call a travel lodge. It's all on one level and the room doors open to the outside. We payed $85 for the room and that seemed a little pricey for a Best Western, but because we generally book through Priceline and other discount venue's paying that much for a room is rare, so maybe that's standard these days. We had a coupon booklet that we had picked up from a gas station that indicated that the Breezewood, PA Best Western was $50 a night but we really didn't want to drive any further at that point in the bad weather so we went ahead and paid the price.

However, it wasn't a bad stay. The room was clean, the bathroom area had been redone and had new vanity's and fixtures. They have a sink inside the bathroom, but they have a second one on the other side of the bathroom door which was handy for us because there were 4 people. There was a minifridge in the room and free wireless Internet access.

They have an onsite restaurant and we got free breakfast included with our stay. It was a really good breakfast, I must say!!!!

Overall, not bad but overpriced for sure.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We stayed for one night at the Best Western in December just before Christmas. We chose this location because they accept dogs. Our room was recently redone and was very clean and large. We took a room overlooking the back of the complex which has a nice view of a large open space which was great for our dogs. The full breakfast, which was included ,was very good. They even had a huge Christmas tree in the lobby. I go to Bedford alot and I will be staying there from now on when I am in town. This property is a good value at a fair price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Stayed there in part due to their pet policy - we were driving from Boston to Columbus. Hotel was pretty average, our room was large and clean, nice bathroom. Great property out back to walk dog. Did take out at resturant for dinner, reasonable prices for acceptable food. (There were a bunch of other resturants within a few minutes drive, but we were tired and it was raining) Thought the breakfast buffet was very good.

Overall it was fine for the money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BostonMassMilo
Reviewed January 2, 2007

We just returned from our stay at Best Western Bedford Inn. Please do not book at this hotel. We saw cockroaches in the room. The front desk was un-friendly and it took quite some time for us to get checked in. This was the holiday season and hopefully those who worked there would be somewhat jolly.

This is a very old and antiquated hotel. When we took showers the water would change different temperatures, from warm to scalding hot...it was a nightmare. The cleanliness was not there also...there was dirt around the perimeter of the room and the bedspread had stains on it.

We did complain to the manager the next day..Cindy Smith she was trying to make excuses for her staff and did not want to listen to our complaints.
Please do not stay in this hotel. One of the worst I have been in, and I as a business travel three days a week to different hotels this rates the worst.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank LuvChicago
Reviewed November 3, 2006

I was given a room that had evidently had the carpet shampooed that day since the room smelled like cleaner & the carpet was still quite wet. I went back to the front desk & was graciously given a room in the back. This motel sits on a road used by lots of semi trucks so that was a good change. Since the room faced onto a large grassy hill with trees there was no close parking, but it was a very nice & quiet location. Very basic, somewhat worn room. They had a very good free breakfast buffet with lots of hot food choices, not just muffins. It was a good location because Old Bedford Village, a living museum I wanted to visit was very close by.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank SusieLou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
0 mi away
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 9 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!