“Neat and Clean, Local Motel. Great for a Layover!”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at the Bedford Inn on June 30th, for a layover during a long drive.

A very nice local motel. A little dated, but in great shape. Very friendly staff. The room came with free hot buffet breakfast which was OK, not great, but not bad either. It was clean, comfortable, quiet, and the AC worked well.

This is not a big chain hotel, it's a local "roadside" type place. Kind of retro, kind of quaint. We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RAD1955
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms and
friendly staff. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Bedford area.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Bedford Inn on 7/30/12 based, in large part on prior reviews. The room is shabby and I feared that it was not clean. A prior repair to the bath ceiling was very poorly done. The carpet is stained and did not fit. The furniture is poor and the sheets were so thin that you could watch TV through them. I would deffinately suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for bringing to my attention your dissatisfaction with your room during your recent stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your comments with you if I had more information. Your name, date of stay, and room number would be helpful. Your business is
important to us, and I would like the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hubby and I chose this hotel because of the great reviews! And we plan to choose it over and over again! Beford is one of our favorite (not tooo far from home) places to visit for a short, much needed get-aways; and Bedford Inn Claras Place will be our 'go-to-home-away-from-home' from now on. Super!! Clean!! #1 priority! It's the first hotel in awhile, that i felt comfortable walking around the room in my bare feet (without slippers or booties).. not a stain on the carpet.. and did i say? Clean!! .. and comfy! Nice bedding! Gotta get me one of those waffle blankets :) .. Good towels, and staff super friendly and helpful! If you are a 'high maintenance type person' maybe you should just stay at your Marriotts.. but for 'normal, family type, people' like us, you're not gonna find a better place - and we've tried a few other hotels in Bedford. They were 'okay' but this was over and above in good! clean! comfty! accommodations! Thank you! Clara's Place for a great stay! It was our 37th anniversary and we had a lovely time! with no regets of our choice of hotel. Hope to see you soon! Oh! and the breakfast buffet (included in price of room) was great!

Room Tip: (btw.. we had room 169 .. smoking king, pool side with lovely property surrounding the hotel)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments. Bedford Inn Clara's Place is an excellent
location for getaways, reunions, golfing and many other outings from the Pittsburgh area.
Just far enough, but not the long drive. We pride ourselves on our excellent cleanliness and
friendly staff. The outdoor pool and hottub are quite popular this time of year. Thanks again, and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were on our way home and needed a place to stay the night with our 8 mo old baby. All we needed was one room with a refrigerator(Wife needs to keep baby milk..get my drift?) anyway, The room was $77 a night. When we reserved the room they told us the shower did not work, we took the room anyway. once we entered the room this is how it went

Was clean and dry! only plus.
was very outdated, Full size bed for two adults(sucked), the toilet reservoir didn't hold water, so it ran all night, to flush we had to take the ice bucket thing to fill the reservoir up. the sink stopper didnt work, the a/c was sub-par and got the room cool enough to sleep but my no means comfortable, and finally the biggest headache of all the blinds did not close properly and i had to literally space each horizontal blind out by hand, which still didnt work and let the bright [--] sun right on my face at the crack of dawn!. I told the lady at the front desk this and asked her politely for a discount for the numerous inconveniences and she politely said that is NOT going to happen. I would NOT recommend this place to friends

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you encountered during your stay with us.
I apologize for the maintenance issues and any inconvenience you were caused. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. To renew your confidence in us, I would like to refund you $20.00, or credit towards a future stay. Please email your preference to bw220@bedford.net.

Cindy K. Smith, CHA

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel at least once every few weeks for the last year. It is the perfect halfway point between my home and my extended family. Rooms are older, but clean. Food is good, people are very freindly. Went online to book another stay today and was shocked to see the $30 per night price increase that came when Clara's place took over. Sadly, as much as I liked it, I would never pay $100.00 a night here. Very bad choice by management if you ask me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear CWN,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction with our rates, and thank you for
staying with us in the past. Since we are now an independent Hotel, we are represented by
magnusonhotels on all websites which we pay commission to these websites. Please call
the hotel direct for pricing and we will accomodate your needs. Everything is still the same
including the full hot breakfast buffet, outdoor pool and hot tub, Clara's Place Restaurant & Lounge, exer. room and sauna.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for two nights and were pleasantly surprised. The room was better than expected, although it was a bit musty. It was quiet and we didn't hear any road or highway noise. The mattress was a bit soft, but that worked for us. Our friends had a refrigerator and microwave in their room, but we did not. We paid the same price, so I'm not sure why that happened. The pool was a good size pool. The hot tub was in serious need of cleaning. You could see the dirt on the sides of the hot tub. We didn't use it. We enjoyed the breakfast and felt the service was great, both in the restaurant and otherwise. The desk clerks were extremely helpful in describing places we could visit in the area. We would stay there again. It was a good value for the money we spent for a room.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank swhit618

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. found it quiet, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet and pool. We pride ourselves in our friendly staff and excellent Housekeeping department. I apologize
for the hot tub not being clean at the time you wanted to use it. Hope you will come back and
stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

After passing up on some stinky places in Breezewood, and with most places filled east and west along the PA Turnpike, this place came to the rescue. The room was clean and just what the doctor ordered for a good night's rest. Just far away from the highway and local roads to be extremely quiet. Staff were courteous and helpful. Breakfast was included and pretty good. If we weren't in a rush to get going, we would have gone for a swim. This is on my list for a midway stop on road trips between NJ to Ohio. I also realized afterwards, there is an historic district in Bedford and hope to make it there next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NewarkTraveler1949

I am so glad you found your room to be clean and quiet, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
We pride ourselves in our friendly staff and excellent Housekeeping department. Hopefully
the next time you stay with us, you get a chance to use our outdoor pool.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Days Inn Breezewood
Days Inn Breezewood
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!