“New facility”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Detroit, MI
“New facility”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This seems to be a very new facility; the rooms are very spacious even for a Hampton Inn, everything is clean and nice, free WiFi, free internet hook-up in each room, friendly staff. Pool is nice and looks new. Staff forgot my wake-up call, but that is minor. The free breakfast was actually pretty good, but took a long time. They were a bit understaffed and full.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ephrata, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

very good, I checked in very late and had no trouble checking in. I had made a appointment earlier in the day, because I knew that I would be there late and I was. the room I gotten was very nice and I had no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Exactly half way between Cleveland and home makes this a great place to stay after working (or visiting family) for a full day and then traveling. Hotel is always in good shape and the staff is always helpful. A little close to the Turnpike, which is good for access, and sometimes not so good for road sounds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Cambridge
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Over the years, I have always been impressed with Hampton Inn, but this one really let me down, from registration right through checkout. Here goes -
1) When I stepped to the front desk to register, I was told they had no reservation - even though I made the reservation in April and had a confirmation. I retrieved my iPad where I had all my confirmations stored and gave the clerk the number. She said, "Oh, I see, it just came through." A bald-faced lie, or else the Hilton reservation system needs upgrading to reservations through in less than 3 months.
2) I had reserved a king room with jetted tub...no jets in the tub, however, unless in Bedford running water counts as jets.
3) Compared to most Hampton Inns, the furnishings seems very cheap. The plastic tub and shower were a let down after our Hampton Inn the night before in the Indianapolis area. The towels and washcloths needed to be replaced. They seemed more fitting for a Super 8.
4) The room was not a clean as I expect. I always hate to see hair on the floor in the bathroom when I first arrive in a hotel room.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms look out over some kind of industrial area that gets noisy in the early morning...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Indian River, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Highly recommend!!! Very Clean, Nice Breakfast Area, Pool very nice. Stayed with my daughter and 3 grandchildren were able to take some nice pictures at nice landscaped entrance. Great Staff. Clean and Refreshing Smell. Be sure to check out the town of Old Bedford.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Mecosta, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This Bedford, P.A. Hampton is excellent we always plan on staying their when in this area. Clean, quiet rooms, with friendly staff. Rates are fair but a good value for money. You should give it a try, you will be happy with your stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Kansas City
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were actually forced to stop here because all the other hotels in town that we tried were full. Trying to save money on the road, I don't usually stop at Hampton because it's often more than the other decent hotels. This hotel was WAY more, at $185 a room, although the front desk clerk was nice enough to give us the AARP discount (though we are not members, just old ha). When she explained that there was a motorcycle rally in town, I thought maybe it was going to get a bit loud (no offense, bikers, but a party is a party) - but once in our room, we heard nothing. Just peace and quiet and luxury. The bed was so comfortable that I peeled back the sheet the next morning to see what brand it was (Serta perfect sleeper dream structure). Breakfast was fine, no more or less than you get at other hotels, so I don't really get why they are so expensive but we certainly did enjoy our stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#8 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Hampton Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!