“Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare Makeover - Excellent!!”
Review of Levanti's Incorporated - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Levanti's Incorporated
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Being a huge Kitchen Nightmare fan (Fox). I had to try the Levanti's in Beaver. I tried to get a reservation during the taping of the show but there was no way I was getting in. I must disclose that I hadn't visited Levanti's prior to my recent visit so I can't compare to what they used to serve. I spoke with the owner, and he told me that Gordon gutted the menu from old style Italian to a new "Amerian Bistro" fare. I was pleasantly surprised. The menu is simple: appetizers (8), salads (4), pizza's (4), entree's (5) and desserts (4). I started with the Mussels (Pancetta, shallots, garlic, white wine, butter and herbs $9). They were delicious. As good as any I have had in Baltimore or San Francisco. My only wish was that they had italian bread so I could sop up the broth, but the owner told me that Gordon said 'no bread'. For the entree I had the Margarita pizza. Gordon bought them a new stone pizza oven so I figured I'd give it a try. It was delicious. The crust was slightly crispy on the edges and definitely had tossed due to the oblong shape. For dessert I had for the first time, Vanilla Panna Cotta with homemade Pistachio brittle. It was unbelievable. Served in a little cup, the Panna Cotta (I still don't know what that means), was like a semi-runny vanilla flavored custard. Mixed in with the Panna Cotta was pieces of the Pistachio Brittle. The brittle was the best I had ever had. I wish they'd have given me a straw to suck out the last of the Panna Cotta. My wife had the burger. I had a bite and it was delicious, especially the balsamic onion jam. Please take into account that I am no food expert. I eat at Subway, fast food (don't tell my wife) and chain restaurants, but I really like this place. We have been back since this review. I hope the locals support Levanti's although I know that change can be difficult for the citizens of Beaver County. I would say that the pricing is moderate. Entree's price from $12 for a burger with balsamic onion jam, lettuce and cheddar to $31 for a 9oz NY steak with red wine jus, truffle butter, potato puree and wild mushrooms. This place may be a shock to the locals who have never tried truffle butter or balsamic onion jam! The food is presented very nicely. You can see the Gordon Ramsay touch on all the meals. They don't take reservations and don't open until 5 or 6pm. We had no problem getting in on a Friday night, but I don't know how long that will last. Enjoy!

2  Thank Pocho1
There are newer reviews for Levanti's Incorporated

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went to dinner tonight to experience the relaunched Levanti's, after
Gordon Ramsay was here a week ago. The food is incredible. NY Strip steak literally melts in your mouth. It is well, well worth the price!

1  Thank Bethc065
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Chef Gordon Ramsey revamped the restaurant last week and wow...a brand new bistro menu and brand new look! I had the pan seared chicken breast complete with penne Mac and cheese and onion rings. It was fantastic! No more Italian food. The menu is much smaller and features chef Ramsey's dishes including a corn bisque soup, mussels, and all beef sliders for appetizers to pizza and braised lamb shank, pan seared salmon, and burgers. We passed up dessert for we were stuffed but it looked delicious. You have come see the new place and enjoy a great atmosphere and incredibly delicious food!

7  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have never in my life seen my father leave an entire plate of food until he tried the gnocchi at Levantis. Like cement. Probably the worst restaurant meal I have ever had.

6  Thank afliesaway
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The bruschetta is amazing, the provolone wheel is heaven on a plate, and the linguini with white clam sauce is sheer perfection. The kids portions are an excellent size. The shrimp scampi lacks a little but there are so many other delicious thing to choose from. Their alfredo is killer and the steak with cajun shrimp is unmatched. The waitresses seem to only be working for thr money, and they charge a cork fee if yoi bring your own bottle. This is the best italian restaurant in beaver county. Pacentros pizza does not compare , marios is too crowded and overpriced and the only reason I would go to rainaldi's over levantis is for better service and free byob. Stick with the best!