“Been coming here for 25 years - Great bakery!!”
Review of Kretchmar's Bakery

Kretchmar's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Beaver
Reviewed January 24, 2013

One of my favorites here is the toasted almond torte....great desert to take to a dinner party or for a special occasion. I am particular when it comes to cookies as I am a baker but they do not disappoint, the turtle cookies are a MUST to try. Their cobblestone bread is the beast egg-bread I have ever eaten. Buy a loaf, order it sliced , and put it in the toaster at home.....yummy! Seriously, you can't go wrong here. Ahhh, almost forgot, the best cakes in Western PA...no competition with other bakeries in Beaver and Allegheny counties.

1  Thank Crystal152

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have never not had a Kretchmar Birthday Whipped Cream Cake - even my son in South CArolina would love for us to ship it to him - but we can't. The best around

Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are visiting the area, you simply must stop in and press your nose against the cases in this bakery. It is picture perfect! My Texas girlfriend insists that I take her Kretchmar's Apricot Flips everytime I visit. I like the turtle cookies and the almond torte is definitely special occasion worthy. Every little town should have a Kretchmar's!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Beaver would not be complete without this bakery! Been going there since I was a kid they have the best pasteries in town! We also had our wedding cake made by them and it was perfect!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Small town old fashioned bakery, visited by President Obama on one of his campaign trips to this region. Wide variety of baked goods from bread to cookies cakes and pies. They are especially known for their fruit filled torte cakes.