“Prime Rib Excelent; Need To Improve on Happy Hour”
Review of Wooden Angel

Wooden Angel
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Beaver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2018

My husband and I happened to be in the area last night and stopped at the Wooden Angel. It was Prime Rib Night, and that did not disappoint. First we had the Angels on Horseback (oysters wrapped with bacon; should have had another order and stopped there!!! Soooooo good.) We had a salad, garlic bread, baked potato, vegetables and an excellent prime rib. I like to sit at the bar and it was "supposedly" Happy Hour. This is one thing they need to improve on; perhaps that was why my husband and myself were the only ones at the bar. Chris, the bartender, was friendly and attentive. He was busy taking care of us along with people seated at the bar area. I think go for the classics at Happy Hour instead of "Upside Down Pineapple Martini" (I'm a gin girl, not into sweet drinks, and that did not appeal to me at all). Hopefully, we will stop again and enjoy another dinner. And hopefully, Happy Hour will get better for girls like me.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Tucked away in a quiet corner a few blocks from the main street, I had to rely on my car navigation system to find my way there. We were in a large group and had a private room at the back of the restaurant. There interior had a rather old charm about it. For main course I had a nice medium rare fillet steak, although it was just a little bit dry. Dessert was an exceedingly tasty apple kuchen, which filled me with a sense of decadence. Service was quiet, polite, efficient, unobtrusive. I would like to go back and experience a more intimate dinner here.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Have been going too place for 30 plus years. It’s definitely getting old but you can still get a good meal here. Wine list is not what it used too be but still a great place for American wine. Staff is courteous and professional. Have never had a bad meal and quite often very good meal. Reservations not required

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch and enjoyed walleye entree and Reuben sandwich. The service was impeccable definitely professionals at work. Ambiance is so nice with the dark wood accents. Must come back for dinner!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Nice place enjoy a nice bowel of soup and good conversation. Friendly staff and good food. The atmospher is quaint.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Wooden Angel? Share your experiences!