“Another Interesting Experience in a Western PA Restaurant”
Review of Water's Edge Pub - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: Phone 724-774-7374
Description: Phone 724-774-7374
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Another take out from another referred restaurant in Western PA. Upon entering the restaurant, it didn't appear to be very clean. As I stated in other reviews of restaurants in Western PA, perhaps it's me and my expectations based on eating at restaurants around the world. It is my hope that the kitchens in these restaurants does not reflect the cleanliness of the kitchen.

There is not a hosted stand. Fortunately when I arrived, a restaurant personnel greeted me and asked how she could assist. When I told her I wanted to see a menu for take out, she told me the bartender could help me. It took a while for the bartender to acknowledge me. Maybe it's because she couldn't see all 5'10" of me. I felt ignored. And no, she wasn't that busy. She favored the regulars. I get it.

I ordered the salmon and asked for it grilled. It came with vegetables, bread and a salad. The salmon wasn't cooked firm enough for me, however; I didn't ask -- I can reheat in the microwave. The entrée is good for one meal. The vegetables were pretty good, just not enough for me. The salad was very large for a side and the bread was good. While I won't have salmon or vegetables for a second meal, I will have a salad and bread.

The restaurant is license to serve beer. However, based on what I've experienced so far, the beer is very pricey. $5.00 for a Dogfish Head -- one of my favorites -- I don't think so.

Overall, I think my overall tab was high based on the portions and price compared to other local restaurants.

Based on my experience in regards to service, the cleanliness of the restaurant, and the price of beer -- I'm a beer drinker -- I cannot recommend, nor will I return.

3  Thank Charlene E
There are newer reviews for Water's Edge Pub

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Food, service, value, are all very wonderful. Very child and family friendly. My family would not heaitate to visit again.

1  Thank SmileyOn
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed our visit and dinner. After hearing of service complaints when they first opened we were prepared to be disappointed. The service was very good! The food was excellent. We will return.