Tripadvisor
Beaver
Post
Inbox
Search

“I love this place, but tonight it just stunk.”
Review of Oak Arbor Grille

Oak Arbor Grille
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Beaver
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Boyfriend and I went for a late night dinner, both got the strip steak. 25$ a plate with two sides, not bad. The bread roll that came out was reheated and stale. The steak had so much fat on them, for the 12 oz of steak, at least 4 oz were fat... the mashed potatoes were powdered and not cooked properly, big chunks of powder... not good. The fries were greasy. Fettuchini didn't have hardly any alfredo sauce on it. This place is usually outstanding but 80 dollar bill for two people including tip, I would have gotten a better meal at Jerry's curb service down the road, and spent 20.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed October 6, 2019

My family chose to have a bereavement gathering at Oak Arbor Grille after my father's passing at the beginning of September. My mother spoke with Bill to inquire about a reservation for up to 60 people, and at the time of conversation we asked for a specific assortment of appetizers (cheese/cracker trays, fruit, dips, sliders, etc.), in which we were told would be charged $2 per person.

To make a long story short, 60 people thankfully didn't show up. There were a maximum of 35-40 people, and not enough food to feed all the guests. Only one appetizer was refilled, my family had to request that silverware and napkins be provided, and many stood around waiting for additional food to be brought out, which was not the case.

At the time, I did not make a big production out of the service or lack there of provided, but upon returning home and receiving a bill totaling over $1,200, something did seem right. I personally went through each food item provided and ran the numbers at '$2 per person' and came up with a total nowhere near $1,200.

To make a longer story even shorter, my family and I attempted to contact the managers (Bill & Bryan) several times and were treated with disrespect, refusal for an itemized copy of our receipt, many un-returned calls, and no attempt at a resolution.

To be treated this way by a management staff in my own hometown is a disgrace, and I promise my family, friends and myself will never be returning.

Save yourself the time, money and hassle of ever visiting this establishment and being disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Lunch visit with family. They were not busy and we were quickly seated. Wait staff was quick to take our orders. And then we wait. And wait. And wait. I don't know what was taking so long. Mind you, they were only 20% or less of capacity. When the meals arrived, they were very good. No issues with the food at all. Recommended with the caveat that you may need to allot extra time.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

The Oak Arbor Grille is spacious and inviting with inside and outside seating. I hosted my entire family there when we all convened in our hometown for the memorial service of the head of our family. Going to this restaurant lifted our spirits with good food in a lovely setting thanks to the careful attention of the manager who oversaw the reservation I made well in advance. My family has extremely varied tastes, but the menu here offered something genuinely enjoyable for each of us. That's not an easy thing to pull off. There were all kinds of groups and families there when we were there... all seeming to enjoy themselves and their food as much as my family did. I could not be happier about having taken the recommendation of local friends to try The Oak Arbor Grille. I heartily recommend it to others now, as well. I don't think you'll find a comparable or better place in the area. I don't get back to Beaver very often, but you may be sure anytime I'm going to be there one place I'm going to be sure not to miss is The Oak Arbor Grille.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

This is one of our go-to places after boating when we have the dog. Patio is big and super dog friendly. Food is pretty good as well.

Date of visit: June 2019