“Great food, slow service.”
Review of Oak Arbor Grille

Oak Arbor Grille
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Beaver
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Lunch visit with family. They were not busy and we were quickly seated. Wait staff was quick to take our orders. And then we wait. And wait. And wait. I don't know what was taking so long. Mind you, they were only 20% or less of capacity. When the meals arrived, they were very good. No issues with the food at all. Recommended with the caveat that you may need to allot extra time.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed July 1, 2019

The Oak Arbor Grille is spacious and inviting with inside and outside seating. I hosted my entire family there when we all convened in our hometown for the memorial service of the head of our family. Going to this restaurant lifted our spirits with good food in a lovely setting thanks to the careful attention of the manager who oversaw the reservation I made well in advance. My family has extremely varied tastes, but the menu here offered something genuinely enjoyable for each of us. That's not an easy thing to pull off. There were all kinds of groups and families there when we were there... all seeming to enjoy themselves and their food as much as my family did. I could not be happier about having taken the recommendation of local friends to try The Oak Arbor Grille. I heartily recommend it to others now, as well. I don't think you'll find a comparable or better place in the area. I don't get back to Beaver very often, but you may be sure anytime I'm going to be there one place I'm going to be sure not to miss is The Oak Arbor Grille.

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

This is one of our go-to places after boating when we have the dog. Patio is big and super dog friendly. Food is pretty good as well.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I booked a banquet for a private party at the OAG. I cannot say enough great things about this place. They made the details of my event absolutely seamless. Bill helped plan everything down to the last items including ordering a cake for the luncheon. Our event was very short notice but I could not be happier. The food on the buffet offered was some of the best I have ever enjoyed. We had the roast beef which was absolutely wonderful and the baked chicken that all guests raved about. Nothing better than the garlic green beans and red skin potatoes as sides to the fresh salad and bread offerings. The price was far more than reasonable and the service and set up in the private banquet room excellent. Thanks to Taryn for her friendly smile and great service including her bar skills. The Kretchmar’s cake was perfect. No complaints from anyone. Not an easy task for my family.
Thank you Bill. I will see you again when I am in town and I do highly recommend your restaurant and banquet service to all.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

An overwhelmed kitchen couldn’t keep up the pace on a Friday night. Management knew there would be large parties from the reservations. Kitchen staff issues? Extremely mediocre food...meatballs cooked to consistently of stones, dry, and tough served with an acrid marinara sauce over not al denté spaghetti. “Lobster” bow tie pasta was nothing special. Service very off hand and restrooms a shambles. Best thing were the $5 cocktails but is it with the time just to come for those? Way better food, service and similar cocktails just two blocks away.
Solid attention to details is what’s needed and that’s just for starters.