TripAdvisor
Beaver
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good Food - Dog Friendly ”
Review of Oak Arbor Grille

Oak Arbor Grille
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Beaver
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

This is one of our go-to places after boating when we have the dog. Patio is big and super dog friendly. Food is pretty good as well.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I booked a banquet for a private party at the OAG. I cannot say enough great things about this place. They made the details of my event absolutely seamless. Bill helped plan everything down to the last items including ordering a cake for the luncheon. Our event was very short notice but I could not be happier. The food on the buffet offered was some of the best I have ever enjoyed. We had the roast beef which was absolutely wonderful and the baked chicken that all guests raved about. Nothing better than the garlic green beans and red skin potatoes as sides to the fresh salad and bread offerings. The price was far more than reasonable and the service and set up in the private banquet room excellent. Thanks to Taryn for her friendly smile and great service including her bar skills. The Kretchmar’s cake was perfect. No complaints from anyone. Not an easy task for my family.
Thank you Bill. I will see you again when I am in town and I do highly recommend your restaurant and banquet service to all.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

An overwhelmed kitchen couldn’t keep up the pace on a Friday night. Management knew there would be large parties from the reservations. Kitchen staff issues? Extremely mediocre food...meatballs cooked to consistently of stones, dry, and tough served with an acrid marinara sauce over not al denté spaghetti. “Lobster” bow tie pasta was nothing special. Service very off hand and restrooms a shambles. Best thing were the $5 cocktails but is it with the time just to come for those? Way better food, service and similar cocktails just two blocks away.
Solid attention to details is what’s needed and that’s just for starters.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Great buffet super assortment omlets to order get more than enough RIBEYE TO DIE FOR, Even pigs in the blanket for breakfast was my first well worth it. Little secret on Sundays to make that special trip.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Let me preface this by saying, we have been to Oak Arbor Grille on several occasions since it's been under new management. On those occasions, the food was good and the beer, cold.

However, this was a special occasion, Mothers Day brunch, reservations required.

TO say they dropped the ball is an understatement. Upon entering the restaurant, no one was at the entrance to check reservations, let alone seat us. We waited about 10 minutes to be seated, which is not extreme by any stretch of the imagination, it's a statement to show the start of the rookie mistakes that should not have happened.

Next, we waited to be served drinks, again a long time, considering we had reservations. When the drinks came, I had Pepsi, it came in a cocktail glass because the restaurant had no clean glasses.

Next, onto the buffet area for food. The buffet was set up so strange, that the patrons were winding in an out amongst tables of those who were already sitting and eating. No organization at all. The plates were another issue. When we got to where the plates were, there weren't any. We had to wait for clean plates to be brought out.

The food in the buffet line was another issue. Food that was not replenished. Some bacon was there, but sausages were not. NO eggs. No pancakes, no french toast, let alone other things that they were out of. A complete an utter disaster for a restaurant who had taken the reservations and should have been prepared. As no food was left to replenish out came some chicken wings and drumsticks. WHAT?!?! Bar food at this point because they were so ill prepared?

AS I stood and waited for pancakes for more than 10 minutes, someone finally said, unfortunately, it's going to be a while, you can go have a seat and we'll bring them to you. Needless to say, when they attempted to bring me a couple of pancakes after another 10 minutes had passed, I turned them away.

Desert? I can tell you how disastrous this was. Frozen Puff pastry balls and I mean, SERVED FROZEN, most likely Sarah Lee, and Mini Donuts from hostess bakery that were probably picked up in the local grocery store. I would venture to say, after eating what I did eat, most of this was likely prepackaged frozen food, that was reheated, including the pancakes and french toast STRIPS that they ran out of. Yes, you read that right, french toast strips, not whole pieces of bread. Again, more than likely packaged and reheated.

This brunch was a total of just under $100 dollars with a tip, for 3 people. TO say the least, a complete waste of a hundred bucks and an embarrassment for my fiance and I, having taken her mother here for Mothers day brunch.

If you wonder why we left a tip, it's not the fault of the wait staff that the owners had not adequately prepared for the reservations.

I cannot in good conscience, recommend this place to anybody. It was that bad of an experience.
I can also say, they have lost me as a customer, PERIOD. As the saying goes, Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. It won't happen to me again, Hopefully, our experience helps you to not have to endure what we did.

Date of visit: May 2019