“WHAT A BREAKFAST BRUNCH”
Review of Oak Arbor Grille

Oak Arbor Grille
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Beaver
Reviewed May 26, 2019

Great buffet super assortment omlets to order get more than enough RIBEYE TO DIE FOR, Even pigs in the blanket for breakfast was my first well worth it. Little secret on Sundays to make that special trip.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Let me preface this by saying, we have been to Oak Arbor Grille on several occasions since it's been under new management. On those occasions, the food was good and the beer, cold.

However, this was a special occasion, Mothers Day brunch, reservations required.

TO say they dropped the ball is an understatement. Upon entering the restaurant, no one was at the entrance to check reservations, let alone seat us. We waited about 10 minutes to be seated, which is not extreme by any stretch of the imagination, it's a statement to show the start of the rookie mistakes that should not have happened.

Next, we waited to be served drinks, again a long time, considering we had reservations. When the drinks came, I had Pepsi, it came in a cocktail glass because the restaurant had no clean glasses.

Next, onto the buffet area for food. The buffet was set up so strange, that the patrons were winding in an out amongst tables of those who were already sitting and eating. No organization at all. The plates were another issue. When we got to where the plates were, there weren't any. We had to wait for clean plates to be brought out.

The food in the buffet line was another issue. Food that was not replenished. Some bacon was there, but sausages were not. NO eggs. No pancakes, no french toast, let alone other things that they were out of. A complete an utter disaster for a restaurant who had taken the reservations and should have been prepared. As no food was left to replenish out came some chicken wings and drumsticks. WHAT?!?! Bar food at this point because they were so ill prepared?

AS I stood and waited for pancakes for more than 10 minutes, someone finally said, unfortunately, it's going to be a while, you can go have a seat and we'll bring them to you. Needless to say, when they attempted to bring me a couple of pancakes after another 10 minutes had passed, I turned them away.

Desert? I can tell you how disastrous this was. Frozen Puff pastry balls and I mean, SERVED FROZEN, most likely Sarah Lee, and Mini Donuts from hostess bakery that were probably picked up in the local grocery store. I would venture to say, after eating what I did eat, most of this was likely prepackaged frozen food, that was reheated, including the pancakes and french toast STRIPS that they ran out of. Yes, you read that right, french toast strips, not whole pieces of bread. Again, more than likely packaged and reheated.

This brunch was a total of just under $100 dollars with a tip, for 3 people. TO say the least, a complete waste of a hundred bucks and an embarrassment for my fiance and I, having taken her mother here for Mothers day brunch.

If you wonder why we left a tip, it's not the fault of the wait staff that the owners had not adequately prepared for the reservations.

I cannot in good conscience, recommend this place to anybody. It was that bad of an experience.
I can also say, they have lost me as a customer, PERIOD. As the saying goes, Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. It won't happen to me again, Hopefully, our experience helps you to not have to endure what we did.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Dgpeete
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

I had the chicken salad and my husband got the philly steak and cheese and both meals were very good. Our waitress was very helpful and she was super nice ! We will be back for another meal soon.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The food was good but, not very many choices for the price and given the restaurant was not very full, the service was not that great and after waiting quite a while for a coffee refill, I finally walked over to the coffee maker myself where I finally found somebody to help. The cook on the omelette station had to leave his post to get some more ingredients, causing another delay in service. I wouldn't complain if the price was lowwr but, for the price they charge, I would expect much better variety of food and more prompt service.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

We have been here several times when it was under different names. We should have sat outside but my husband wanted to sit at the bar. There was a singer/guitar player, so it was very noisy as people were trying to talk over the music. The service is good and staff is friendly. A person next to us got the lamb chops and said they were good. This seems to be a specialty there. My husband got the prime rib and said it was ok. I ordered a salad and the veggie pizza. It wasn't really a "pizza" but an oblong soft bread with a few veggies on it. We waited a while for the food (which was fine with us as we were enjoying our drinks and talking).

Date of visit: June 2018