“An Excellent Find”
Review of Bischwind

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bear Creek
Bischwind
Ranked #1 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“An Excellent Find”
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Stayed at the Bischwind on the last night of a long road trip back to Canada from Florida. It was excellent. Comfortable, attractive room with gas fireplace, nice bathroom and very good breakfast.

Lovely old house, only a 7-mile drive from the Interstate, which was very convenient for us, yet a nice, country location. The innkeepers are very friendly but discreet.

Pity we live too far away for a weekend visit, as we would definitely return.

• Liked — Comfort, breakfast, location
  • Disliked — Nothing negative to say!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 21, 2007

My friend and I were on our way from the Philadelphia area to Cooperstown NY and stayed at Bischwind B&B.The stay was a gift from a vendor. What a gift. The place is beautiful and the host, Billi, was the best. Would highly recommend a stay at this B&B. This is a great weekend stop-off on a long trip up into upstate NY or Canada. Words can't discribe how nice this B&B is.

• Liked — Th rooms and Grounds
  • Disliked — Not near to activities
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Bobby4319
Scranton, PA
Reviewed August 26, 2006

This was our first experience at Bischwind. The property is beautiful; the house, pool & lake are so relaxing. Billi and her Mom are friendly & welcoming. The breakfast was excellent. We tried the filet mignon & shrimp scampi, along with omelet, potatoes, fruit & chocolate cake. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in the Wolf's Den - the Bear's Den was really tempting, too. We actually toured all of the rooms (after the other guests checked out) and I'm not sure which we'll choose next time. We only wish we could have arrived earlier and talked with Billi more about the history of the property. Bischwind's made our list, and we've been accused of being kind of picky!

• Liked — Everything - breakfast was delicious - the property beautiful - the hosts freindly!
  • Disliked — Mosquitos - just a fact in the Poconos this year.
  • Tips/Secrets — The Bear Creek Inn was nice for a close-by casual dinner, after a long day.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank amethyst1875
philadelphia
Reviewed August 18, 2006

If you want a relaxing night, a very friendly laid back host that treats you like you are a friend, stay here. If you want really good food, stay here. If you want a crystal blue pool, a walk around the lake, and a very, very quiet neighborhood, stay here. My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday night after visiting nearby towns, just for a weekend getaway. We have stayed in many B&Bs, in fact I almost gave up on them until we went to Bischwind. I'm a very picky person and Bischwind really met all my standards, without being pretentious. Billi is an awesome host. She just makes you feel like you are at home. The house is amazing, it's historical, elegant, and huge. We were invited to view all unoccupied rooms, and since all rooms were unoccupied at the time we arrived, we saw them all. They have central air (which is very important to my husband). The food was plentiful and delicious, the filet was cooked to perfection. We even had chocolate cake and milk for dessert. The town of Bear Creek is pretty quiet, but very close to Wilkes Barre and lots of things to do. We loved it and will definitely be visiting Bischwind again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Save room for breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gettingawayfromhere
Havertown, PA
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. We were both impressed by this B&B . We stayed in the Green Quilt room, which was nice and cozy. It was a nice relaxing weekend....walking around the nearby lake, going bikeriding at nearby Lehigh Valley Gorge (about a 15 minute drive away) and hanging out by their pool. The host was friendly, and even took a dip in the pool while we were there and chatted with us.. The house itself is like a museum, so you will spend alot of time just walking around the house. If you are looking for a romantic weekend, this B&B is the right place for you. We were both impressed and would go back again. Our only suggestion is bring bug spray, since there is alot of mosquitos in the Poconos!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sm9902000
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt suite for two days at the start of our honeymoon. The Suite was amazing, very comfortable and quite homey.

I’ve stayed at B&B’s before and I’m normally not a big fan b/c I don’t appreciate having the host always being aware of our comings/goings. The Bischwind was totally different. We came and went and didn’t feel as if we were intruding on the hosts (probably helps that they don’t actually live there) or as if they were keeping tabs on us.

The breakfasts are amazing and cooked to order. Be prepared for a lot of food -- we didn’t eat for quite a few hours after! We loved the Bischwind and hope to make it back someday.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank theparretts
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2006

My girlfriend and I spent a night at Bischwind last Fall and I must say that it was an amazing place to stay! I highly recommend it to anyone looking to spend a weekend at a B&B in the Poconos. The house itself is enormous and the rooms are nice and roomy, clean, and simply decorated beautifully. We stayed in the Bear's Den, and it was so nice!

I can't say enough about the hospitality we received while we were there and the breakfast in the morning is fantastic! Literally, Bischwind is the BEST Bed & Breakfast in PA!!

• Stayed October 2005
The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Lake Harmony Inn
Lake Harmony Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony

Been to Bischwind? Share your experiences!