“Amazing Cottage” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bischwind

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bear Creek
Bischwind
Ranked #1 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Amazing Cottage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I rented the guest cottage for the weekend. As such, we did not take advantage of the Bischwind's breakfast. But the cottage was amazing.

For our anniversary, I decided to surprise my wife with a weekend getaway. As I'm originally from Wilkes Barre, I knew of the Bischwind after having attended a wedding on their amazing grounds. Maybe we didn't need a whole cottage for two people, but I wouldn't have done it any differently.

The cottage is decorated in a contemporary country style with a rather prominent equestrian theme. We prepared our own meals in the full kitchen and had a blast doing it. The cottage also came equipped with a washer and dryer. Who wants to do laundry on vacation? Well, it came n handy after my wife and I went trail riding in White Haven during our trip (who wants to smell like horse?).

Billi was exceptionally friendly and helpful during our stay. Despite breakfast not being included int he cottage rental (we were aware of this at the time of booking), she made us feel welcome in the main house.

The cottage is equipped with a hot tub in the master bedroom. Very nice. A fireplace in the den completes the atmosphere. This cottage was phenomenal and the stay was unforgettable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were looking for some relief from the heat in Austin, Texas and wanted to experience Fall! We stumbled across the Poconos, read the other reviews on the Bischwind and decided that we would book our room. We are so glad we did! Billi and her family are so warm and inviting and she made the Bischwind our "home away from home " for 5 days! The room was immaculate (we stayed in the "Wolf Den"),the breakfasts were delicious and the hospitality was the best. We can definitely say that this was the best B & B experience we've ever had! We wish we live closer so we could come back more often! If you're ever anywhere close, and want a real treat; go stay with Billi at her amazing Bischwind!

Kath & Steve Dowell - Austin, Tx

1 Thank Kath D
Morris County, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at this lovely B&B. Billi and her mom were very friendly. We stayed in the Wolf's Den which was very spacious. The room was actually a suite with a lovely blue and white decor. Absolutely spotless! Loved the fireplace.The home cooked breakfast was beyond amazing! Walking around the lovely lake was fabulous. We took a very short drive over to Mohegan Sun Casino and came away winners! Dinner at the Bear Creek Inn was great. Where can you get a dinner these days that includes soup, salad, entree, and dessert for one price! The only recommendation I have for the Bischwind is that the outside landscaping could be more inviting. Other than that, it is a great place.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have had the good fortune to stay at Bischwind two times now. This is such a cozy place. The owners are so good natured and sweet. The first time I arrived, I came in late in the pouring rain. Billi wisked me up to my room and made sure I had extra towels. Within a few minutes a china pot with hot tea appeared with pizelle cookies appeared on a tray. She was also worried that I didn't get dinner so she shared some of her home made asparagus quiche (terrific!). After a soak in the tub, I snuggled into the comfortable bed. The place sits back in the woods and is quiet at night. I can't say enough good things about the owners or their delightful place. Stay and enjoy. I am glad I did!

Room Tip: Rooms vary in price. I think they are all quite nice., Just depends on what you are looking for with...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
WILMINGTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Bischwind for a 3 night getaway in July. It was fabulous. The house and grounds are beautiful, the rooms comfortable, the staff welcoming and the breakfasts delicious. We really enjoyed being able to take a dip in the pool on a hot day, too. Billi (the Innkeeper) is so pleasant and energetic. Her hospitality made our stay there really enjoyable. I have already recommended the Bischwind to several friends. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the Poconos - this is it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time here over a long weekend. We stayed in the wolf's den, which was beautifully decorated. Billie was always helpful in suggesting places to eat and hike. Her breakfast was delicious and we highly recommend upgrading to the filet mignon. This is a great place for a romantic weekend getaway. Thank you Billie for a fantastic stay!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srifrodo
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you're looking for a great B&B in the Poconos, this is it! Only a few miles off the Wilkes-Barre exit of the NE extension of the PA turnpike, this place is really convenient. Billi and her family do a great job - they are super friendly and welcoming. The rooms are all unique and range from modest with very nice bathrooms to a huge, mutli-room suite, but all are very nice with comfortable furniture and nice amenities (small refrigerator, nice flat screen with DVD, etc). There's a great library of "no charge" DVDs and wonderful common areas to read, enjoy the fireplace or sit on the porch. The lake is really nice with a great walking path around the lake (abotu 3 miles) and canoes to rent nearby. Many activities are available in the nearby area (< 5 miles to Wilkes Barre Golf Club; Mohegan Sun Casino is only about 10 miles away; many nice restaurants, shopping, state parks/game lands, etc all very handy). But maybe the best thing about staying at Bischwind is the breakfast - fresh juice and melon, a terrrifically light/fluffy omlette and an awesome dessert! Who gets dessert with breakfast? What a treat!! Stay here - you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Masters room has a great view over the pool and down to the lake
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,466 reviews
The Inn at Hickory Run
The Inn at Hickory Run
#1 of 2 in White Haven

Been to Bischwind? Share your experiences!