“What a treat!”
Review of Bischwind

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bear Creek
Bischwind
Ranked #1 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We live in nearby Wilkes-Barre and had to evacuate because of the flooding. We had driven by Bischwind a hundred times on the way to New York--and had often remarked that if it wasn't so close--we would definitely want to stay there. Well--we called the Thursday of the evacuation--and Billy, the owner / proprietor of the B&B--couldn't have been more helpful. Our stay was restful (the bed could not have been more comfortable!) the rooms and grounds are beautiful and the breakfast she serves is top-notch. There's even a fabulous 3-mile walk around the lake next to the property for getting some fresh air and exercise. Billy could not have been more accommodating and we are really glad that we picked Bischwind to ride out the time away from our home. I work for a hotel in Cape May, NJ so I know the difficulties of being a part of the hospitality business. Bischwind gets "two thumbs up" from me!

Room Tip: Billy WANTS you to have the best room available--just ask!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2ndhandtulip

Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon on our way back from New York City. We were referred here by someone at a visitor's centre that told us the place was amazing. Talk about under selling. The rooms were the nicest I have ever stayed in at a B&B. I travel often for business and generally avoid B&Bs. Although they are usually nicely decorated I find the beds to be old and uncomfortable. This was not that case at the Bischwind. The beds felt new and were extremely comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. We stayed in the Master's suite which was lovely with an adjoining bathroom with separate shower as well as bathtub. Breakfast in the downstairs was terrific and was changed up slightly each day to allow for variety. The B&B has a lovely pool which we sat out at for hours enjoying the sun and stunning view of the mountains. The B&B has private access to the lake although for liability reasons does not offer any boating. Had I thought of this I may have purchased my own kayak and taken a turn out on the water. Walking around the perimiter of the lake allowed for some incredible views. On our next visit we hope to stay in the Teddy Rosevelt suite. Upon arrival at this charming country inn its easy to see how it managed to attract two Presidents (Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft)

All my wife and I could talk about on our trip was how quickly we could get back here, and whether or not we could bring her parents next time. I would highly recommend a visit to the Bischwind if you are heading to the Poconos, or for Canadians travelling to NYC, this is an amazing stop off point about 5 hours from Ft Erie crossing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Bischwind was great... the B&B is set in a victorian big house that is detached from the owners (they stay in a house about 100 yards away on the property). While expensive.. welll worth it. The house itself is fantastic - excellant fireplace, social rooms, great place to relax... etc... The rooms were also top notch. Linens and bathrooms were super clean... and really made you feel at home. Also the room we stayed in had our own gas fireplace to adjust the temp easily in the room. The B&B also had a good selection of both his and her movie selections.... (we watched wild hogs - perfect lazy day silly movie). Overal we would happy with the Bischwind.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Our stay at Bischwind B&B was wonderful. The house and surroundings are beautiful and the location was perfect for touring around the Pocono's. Billi's breakfasts were delightful - great choices and the serving sizes meant "no lunch" days!
Our room was quiet, clean and like stepping back in time. Getting out of bed was a challenge.
The music playing throughout the great rooms in the house made our mornings and evenings a real treat too.
Billi and her family were excellent hosts and we felt very welcome in this incredibly palatial residence. Billi's knowledge of the region led to some excellent touring.
Highly recommend Bischwind as a "must do" place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I went up for a romantic overnight on our anniversary. The mansion is incredibly beautiful, as well as the surrounding area. We felt very welcome and our room and bed were very comfortable. The mansion has an old charm that a hotel just can't match. It was nice and quiet the whole evening, and we really enjoyed learning about the history of the mansion. The grounds and the pool are well-kept and lovely, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious! We wished we could have stayed much longer, and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Spent three nights on our way from New York to a wedding. Billie and her mother Bobby were excellent hosts and made us feel very welcome. . We had had the Green Room, bed very comfortable and we got the opportunity to use the pool . Lovely place to stay and everything looks as it does on the website. Only thing is that except for Bear Creek Inn restaurants a bit of a drive.

Ken & Denise
Bangor N Ireland

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenRed41
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I found the Bischwind while planning a vacation from my home in Southern California. From the reviews I've read the Bischwind has not been a destination for people from the west coast. Our favorite places to stay have been the Simpson House Inn, Santa Barbara, CA and The Wrigley Mansion on Catalina Island. We have found nothing in the way of a B&B to rival these two. But we were going to be traveling from New York to Washington, DC on our 32nd wedding anniversary and I was determined to find something as special.
What sealed the deal on choosing the Bischwind was the unique nature of every single guest on TripAdvisor loving the place. I spoke to Billie about this when we were there and she seemed unaware of it. You go on sites like this one, or Cruise Critic and there are ALWAYS people who would not go to the trouble of writing a review but for the chance to complain. Not so for the Bischwind. It appeared that the glowing report in the Bishwind's own web site were the truth.
That is exactly what we found. We stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt room, or I would be more correct to call it the Roosevelt wing as it is 4 or 5 rooms. If you want unique, and you are willing to pay a little more for an amazing room, then you want to take the Teddy Roosevelt room.
We met Billie and her mother who who were personable and supplied us with fascinating history of the house. Everything about our stay was wonderful. We came in on a rainy afternoon and went up to our room and made a warm fire. The library in the room was quaint and the bed was comfortable. There is too much about the house itself to try to go into detail here, but I'll just say it was fun to go exploring.
I now count the Bischwind as in the top 3 B&B's in North America.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Bischwind? Share your experiences!