Like everyone else i was a little hesitant about booking here after reading the reviews. I can honestly say i had a good time here. It was my second trip to the Poconos and there was so many places to chose from. I was on a tight budget like i'm sure everyone is this time of year. We made our reservations online and booked a two room two queen sizes beds. The price was reasonable especially with my BF's AAA discount. Came up to $99.00 a night weekend rate. We use our GPS to find the hotel, even though we probably didn't even need it. It was very easy to find. Just off of 611. A major highway. I also want to clear up this "Truck stop" topic i keep reading about. There is NO TRUCK stop here. The hotel does have a big parking lot. The whole time we were there. 4 days and 3 night. I saw 2 trucks parked 300 feet from the hotel. That hardly counts as a truck stop. First impression of the hotel it looked satisfactory. Very clean outside, i didn't see any papers or trash around. But remember this place isn't the Hilton. So keep that in mind.
We went inside to check in. The lobby was clean and inviting and luxirous. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and prompt. Gave us our room number and showed us a faster way of getting our luggage to our room. The hotel has only 2 levels with no elevator. We got a room on the first floor. Our room was really nice. Great size, I liked pillow top mattress. It was very clean. I didn't see any stains or bugs. The room had a microwave and fridge. Which was what we needed. Both tv's worked fine. 27inch or so. Free HBO. The bed was really comfortable and there wasn't any strange odors. But it was clean and everything worked fine. The housekeeping staff did a good job as well. They gave us our daily maid service.
Replenished our towels and kept our room nice and neat. . The tropical pool was nice. Good size and clean. The fitness room was really nice and new equipment. The location of the hotel is what sold me. Its near everything! Great restaurants across the streeet. (Chills, Red Robin & Longhorns Steak House) The huge crossing shopping outlets just 5 mins to our left. Camelback ski and snowtubing was about 7 mins . Mount airy casino is 10 mins away in Mount pocono. Just so many shops and restaurants nearby. Big pocono state park is nearby Camelback. Tons of hiking trails as well as the beautiful mountain scenery. In closing we had a great time here. And i won't hesitate to stay here again. Fyi!! GPS Does not work well in Poconos!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Pocono Hotel is family friendly ski property centrally located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains Area, easily accessible from Interstate 80 at Exit #302 & Highway 33 Just one exit from Camelback Ski Resort. All guest accommodations include microwave/ refrigerator, and Free High Speed Wi-Fi. Other amenities the hotel offers are a full service bar& grill, Indoor heated tropical themed swimming pool, and new fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn-Bartonsville/Poconos Area Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Bartonsville
- Bartonsville Howard Johnson