Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
Average 3/5
$93
$88
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$92
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
$79
Hotels.com
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanpoconos areawould stay againcamelbackmicrowaveskiingblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Very nice hotel, staff very friendly, room clean. We like how close it is to the mountain (we went to ski). It is very easy to find from the highway. 3 things we didn`t like: 1-the pool was very dirty with leaves and even a cotton swab (even if it is indoor) 2- the food at the restaurant was more than ordinary and it was overpriced. 3- the heating system and the fridge in the room make a lot of noise, it goes on and off and woke us up at night. If you don`t mind the noise or you don`t need the fridge and can unplug it, I recommend this hotel. It is good for the price.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2009

The place was very clean, and appeared to be recently renovated. The staff and bartenders were all very cool and a pleasure to deal with. To my surprise the property had an amazing heated tropical indoor pool. We were situated extremely close to al of the ski resorts. Camelback was about 3 miles from the hotel! Even though the place was packed(I'm pretty sure they were sold out) the staff wes very patient and accomdating. (I had my 2 kids along for the weekend)

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vacalove
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We recently went back to the Poconos and stayed at the HoJo's again. Its has been about 3 years since we were in that area last and boy has it changed! The area around the hotel has exploded with developments... lots of new shopping areas and restaurants.

The hotel itself hasn't changed a whole lot. We called the hotel direct, got a great rate and ended up staying for 3 nights. Check-in was a breeze and our room was perfect for us. It was clean and actually the mattresses were pretty good... I think they were pillow top...

We didn't eat at the hotel... although they do have some kind of safari themed steakhouse... we did however hang out at the bar one night. They actually had soemwhat of a local crowd there, so it was fun... nice group, and very relaxed atmosphere.

So if you like to ski, I would definitley recommend going to the Poconos area... they have lots of great options... and i would also definitley recommend staying at the Howard Johnsons... its a great price, great location and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColombiaRiz
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We booked 2 adjoining rooms 1 for the kids, 1 for my wife and myself. The reservation was made quickly over the phone. We arrived Friday to 2 very clean rooms with microwaves and fridges, that was real helpful ! We skied all afternoon at Camelback Ski mountain only 10 minutes away. After settling in that evening we had a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant, the kids went for a swim in the pool and my wife and I spent a cozy evening in their ski lounge that had a beautiful fire place. We all slept like babies, got up on saturday to do it all again. We all had a great time. The young lady at the front desk was so courteous and so very pleasant, she was great with the kids and helped me with directions. I felt compelled to mention this to management and I did. The manger was very appreciative of my comments. All and all we had a great time. I have also sent comments to Howard Johnsons corporate center commending both Nayda, front desk and Faizal the manager. Thank agin for a great time. We'll be back !!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank PaTumbleweed
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Check the beds and sheets before you lay down- or better yet, just pay a little more for a reputable hotel with clean rooms and get a decent night’s rest. First, rooms smelled like cigarettes even though they were non-smoking. It got better when we found a worm crawling on a pillow and bed sheets had hair on them. Floors weren't thoroughly vacuumed, found Cheerios and other litter in the space between bed and night stand and by the beds. Staff helped with swapping pillow but seemed totally unfazed by the fact that there was a worm on it. We would’ve high-tailed it out of there had all our drivers not been battered and fatigued from snowboarding for their first time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends