Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanpoconos areawould stay againcamelbackmicrowaveskiingblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We wanted to take all 4 kids away for a night and enjoyed a day trip in the area today. We arrived last night - everything great at front desk - cordial and friendly.

We get our luggage only to find out that we have to cart all 4 kids and gear up the stairwell - we are used to stairs - but in this environment expected an elevator.

We had adjoining rooms and the kids room smelled badly. So bad that they (all range between 5 and 8) asked to leave as it smelled like "old people".

I would not dine at the restaurant - they were SUPER nice; but giving them smiley's as french fries and frozen box food isn't what I'd expect. Had I known we would have piled back in the car and gone across the street to Red Robin.

The pool was clean

bottom line - staff nice ... smelled poorly ... grounds unkempt ... was something we dealt with for the night ... I will not be staying there again ...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not a very good hotel,the coffee machine was out of order in the lobby.The bed was hard as a rock.My wife and I did not sleep very well at all.I waited 10 minutes at the Hotel lobby desk and no one was in front of me.A musty smell in all of the hallways.The bathtub was sunk way down,I thought we were going to fall through when taking a shower.We will never stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip to the area and boy, was I disappointed. I have stayed here a few times in past years, and the quality has gone steadily downhill! The rooms are not clean, the rugs are filty, the hallways and doors need refinishing! The restaurant was out of a lot of items on the menu, and what they did serve was not edible. And to top it all off, they added a $2.00 per day room safe charge! What a joke!. I would never, ever stay here again unless they had an extreeme makeover!

Room Tip: go someplace else!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business