We wanted to take all 4 kids away for a night and enjoyed a day trip in the area today. We arrived last night - everything great at front desk - cordial and friendly.
We get our luggage only to find out that we have to cart all 4 kids and gear up the stairwell - we are used to stairs - but in this environment expected an elevator.
We had adjoining rooms and the kids room smelled badly. So bad that they (all range between 5 and 8) asked to leave as it smelled like "old people".
I would not dine at the restaurant - they were SUPER nice; but giving them smiley's as french fries and frozen box food isn't what I'd expect. Had I known we would have piled back in the car and gone across the street to Red Robin.
The pool was clean
bottom line - staff nice ... smelled poorly ... grounds unkempt ... was something we dealt with for the night ... I will not be staying there again ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Pocono Hotel is family friendly ski property centrally located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains Area, easily accessible from Interstate 80 at Exit #302 & Highway 33 Just one exit from Camelback Ski Resort. All guest accommodations include microwave/ refrigerator, and Free High Speed Wi-Fi. Other amenities the hotel offers are a full service bar& grill, Indoor heated tropical themed swimming pool, and new fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn-Bartonsville/Poconos Area Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Bartonsville
- Bartonsville Howard Johnson