I usually don't write reviews even though I check them all the time before booking. My visit here has motivated me to start, as it seemed like only those that had a bad experience posted something (which does happen I know).
I have to say that I did not have the same extreme issues that others seemed to have. While this is not a 5 start hotel in Vegas, I have given it a 5 star rating based on the type of hotel that it is.
You can tell that the hotel, while older, is being given attention to update itself. I noticed an updated lobby, beddings, etc. I heard from another guest that they are slowly trying to go smoke free, as they referbish the old smoke rooms they become smoke free. I think the rooms in the very back of the hotel are still smoking rooms. Hopefully this changes soon. I couldn't smell the smoke or mold that others have claimed. My room was in the middle of the "U" section. We did have an issue with the toilet always sound like it was flushing, but they were able to have someone fix it right away.
The hotel seemed super busy when I was there, lots of kids in the pool, so I didn't go in. But they seemed to be having fun. There is a restaurant/bar had good food. There are plenty of chain food restaurants across the street, like longhorns and Chillies. There is plenty more options a short drive away, but I would suggest trying to eat at the restaurant at least once. It had more of a homemade feel to it. I had the scallops and ahi tuna. The bar also had the UFC fights on that weekend, so if you are a sports fan, it was an easy way to watch it.
The room had a microwave and fridge, which apparently every room had. Was convenient to keep leftovers. We visited the outlet malls, and hit up the water park.
Overall, this hotel gave everything we needed to stay. It seemed safe, the beds were comfortable, and while it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of being in Vegas, it was good value for what you would expect from a hotel in the poconos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Pocono Hotel is family friendly ski property centrally located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains Area, easily accessible from Interstate 80 at Exit #302 & Highway 33 Just one exit from Camelback Ski Resort. All guest accommodations include microwave/ refrigerator, and Free High Speed Wi-Fi. Other amenities the hotel offers are a full service bar& grill, Indoor heated tropical themed swimming pool, and new fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn-Bartonsville/Poconos Area Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Bartonsville
- Bartonsville Howard Johnson