We just came back from our weekend trip to Camel beach park in Tannersville, PA and stayed about 15 mins away at HOJO. It was a last minute trip and all other hotels that were in our price range were already booked, that in itself should've been a clue. The lobby is nice but small. We arrived about 11pm and check in was quick. The lady at the front desk was very friendly however she looked completely disheveled so it was not a good first impression. The hotel does have a musky smell but our room on the second floor did not. The room was spacious and equipped with an ironing board, iron, microwave and mini-fridge. We checked for bedbugs and there were none. The beds were comfy but the pillows were definitely flat and needs to be replaced. The room in general needed updating. The carpets are old and dingy and while the room appeared clean It didn't have that freshly cleaned feeling. The bathroom counter was nice but the rest of it also needs updating. The water pressure in the shower was weak but not terrible and didn't bother us much. The worst part about the bathroom was that it was not cleaned properly and we found someone else's hair on the walls of the shower when we first arrived. Needless to say I cleaned the tub myself.
The pool was nice but the room was very warm almost to hot to stay in there. The game room has about 5 games in it and a vending machine. The fitness center had one treadmill, one elliptical, one weight set, a TV and water fountain. The restaurant was very good for breakfast. It has a large variety of breakfast foods and the prices were very good. Only problem was the orange juice, it had a very weird and nasty taste so we sent that back. We noticed the table next to use had left theirs completely untouched. It has a good location. Theres a shopping center with a Chili's and Red Robin across the street and a Giant supermarket down the road.
We usually stay at budget hotels and we're not picky people but even my husband said we would never stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Pocono Hotel is family friendly ski property centrally located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains Area, easily accessible from Interstate 80 at Exit #302 & Highway 33 Just one exit from Camelback Ski Resort. All guest accommodations include microwave/ refrigerator, and Free High Speed Wi-Fi. Other amenities the hotel offers are a full service bar& grill, Indoor heated tropical themed swimming pool, and new fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn-Bartonsville/Poconos Area Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Hotel Bartonsville
- Howard Johnson Bartonsville
- Bartonsville Howard Johnson