“This Hotel Needs an "Extreme Makeover"”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bartonsville
“This Hotel Needs an "Extreme Makeover"”
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Yes, as previously reported, this property is malodorous. We didn't spot any bugs, but the room had a strong smell of what appeared to be insecticide when we checked in. Mildew also was thriving on the wet windowsills. Lights were burnt out in the lamps, and not replaced. Envelopes are left by housekeepers as a crass reminder they expect to be left gratuities. We always tip the housekeeping staff, and this trip was no exception. No need to beg, thank you.
There were some cold cuts, old cheese and an open jar of mayo also left in the fridge. Again, no thanks, I'll buy my own.
The pool is indeed closed - according to the front desk for "at least for the next few weeks". I would call ahead and get a firm "yes" on that one.
HBO does not exist on the cable network--it's listed but just not there. That drew a giggle from the young people working the reception desk. There IS a comedy club on the property but i don't think the staff should be part of the act..that was, however, the only time I saw any of them attempt a smile.
Need shampoo??? Don't expect it from Housekeeping--it's kept secured behind the front desk. Go figure.
Thank goodness we got a good rate on this hotel--I would have felt robbed otherwise. There are so many hotels in the area . I think that we'll check into another one next time (whatever the cost).

12 Thank BRAINBEE
Jill S, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Under new ownership please check current reviews.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed October 10, 2004

We had to wait for our room to be cleaned, and did not get in until 5:15pm, although we had had a reservation for two weeks prior. THe pool is not even open, but they did arrange for us to use the Ramada's pool. Not worth it.

Under new ownership please check current reviews.

Travelers are raving about these Bartonsville hotels

Reviewed September 6, 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Comfort Inn this past weekend for one night. Check in was at 3pm, but we arrived around 12 and was told there were no clean rooms available. So we had to go shopping to kill time until check in. Anyway, when we finally checked in, our room had a horrible odor to it. We looked around for any possible explanation for the smell and found that it came from the microwave. Apparantly, someone had burned something so the smell lingered in the room.
We got our room changed and had no further issues with it. About the bar and grill. Don't expect it to be open for your convenience. They only keep it open if there are people in there. Our overall experience was ok, but could've been better..Won't stay there again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jill S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2004

Don't stay here. I had booked a hot tub room two months in advance for my birthday. We got to the hotel and up to the room and there was no heart- shaped hot tub. A tub with jacuzzi jets and no wall, just a shower curtain separating the bed from the bathroom. I complained and was first told that I had a jucuzzi room and then the manager said he was out of hot tub rooms. I demanded to know what happend since I was very specific when I made the reservations and showed him the picture the nice clerk on the phone sent me (Her name was Chrissy, she signed the photo of the heart-shaped hot tub room and told us to have a good time) She ran into the back while I demanded my money back. We left and drove 20 mins away to a nice hotel with a heart-shaped hot tub.

3 Thank WishIWasinCapeMay
Reviewed July 25, 2003

I stayed at the NEW Comfort Inn in May 2003. We were booked there for a week, but ended up leaving after 2 days. Upon waking up one morning, we saw a roach in the bathroom. I complained to the manager who said there's nothing that can be done, and they are in every hotel!

I made my way to another hotel and enjoyed the rest of my stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2003

Stayed at the Comfort Inn from July 4 to July 6 for the Pocono Cup Girls Tournament. Ever been to a hotel full of kids and not one kid entered the pool? The pool was green and a foot and a half low. After a complaint from me they put more water in it yet didn't clear up the green problem, most likely due to algae, but swore it was okay to swim in. The beds are terrible and service could be better! Next year I'll try a different hotel! SO MUCH FOR THE ALL NEW COMFORT INN, BATONSVILLE!!

Under new ownership please check current reviews.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartonsville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos? Share your experiences!