“Great Experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bartonsville
northern NJ
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I thought that this place was a great value. the rooms were clean. I'm self-proclaimed nut about the cleanliness of bathrooms and this place didn't bother me in the slightest. Sure - some curing wallpaper but the room was CLEAN. We were given a room right off of the lobby but close to the pool. Kids LOVED the pool/hot tub and I loved tha it was clean. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful - waffles, juice, muffins, etc. My sister was with me and she liked it so much that she chose to stay a 2nd night.
The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The lady who took care of the breakfast area was on top of everything.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Jill S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Comfort Inn, Heart of the Poconos and for your valuable feedback. We have greatly improved our guests experience with helpful front desk staff, great bar and lounge specials and new bedding and flat screen tv's. Centrally located in the Pocono Mountains, close to shopping, Camelback Mountain, Mt Airy Casino and great restaurants, you will see why so many guests stay with us. A free hot breakfast buffet, indoor swimming, plenty of parking for cars and trucks and a pet friendly policy are even more reasons guests keep returning to the Comfort Inn Bartonsville. Visit us at Comfortinnpoconos.com for even more info about the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
NY
Reviewed March 19, 2009

The hotel room had a flyer telling me I would be 100% satisfied or I would receive a full refund - I just had to speak to a manager. I am not satisfied and yet I can't seem to get my money back.

Upon arrival, I requested a cot that I was told would be brought to the room in five minutes. I waited over an hour and it still hadn't come. The toilet was not bolted to the floor and therefore would not flush properly. The shower curtain rod was falling down. The shower was not attached to the wall so trying to move it pulled it right out of the wall. The drain in the tub was installed upside down. Both the shower curtain issue and the drain issue caused there to be water all over the floor whenever we took showers or baths. There was no hot water. The pool was freezing cold. The hot tub was filthy rotten stinking dirty. I reported the issues to the front desk and specifically said no one was to enter our room until after we checked out; I also put the do not disturb sign on the door. When I returned to the room the maid and maintenance had been in there although I had verbally said they were not to AND I had put the do not disturb sign on the door. Check out time was 11 am, and at 930 the maid came walking in the room. I had to slam the door in her face and lock the deadbolt before she would leave. Absolutely the WORST hotel experience I have ever had in my life!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bartonsville hotels

Philadelphia
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I thought this Comfort Inn was a decent place to stay! We chose the jacuzzi room, which was only about $10 more than a regular room for a Friday night stay. I was surprised that this meant that there was no bathroom door...so if you are staying there as a couple I hope you are comfortable with each other! The jacuzzi and two fabric curtains were the only thing separating the bed from the toilet, basically.
Everything was clean, there was a small fridge and microwave in there. It took a while for the jacuzzi to fill up, but it was lovely!
The bed was not the most comfortable king sized bed I've ever experienced, and the ceilings seemed to be dirty. Wireless internet was free and fast. Oh, and the front desk lady was very nice.
The continental breakfast was nice. They had plenty to choose from and one of those waffle-makers. Seating was plentiful in their conference room.
I don't know how the other reviewers on here missed the giant sign on 611...the hotel sat back from the road and is behind a closed restaurant. There was one truck parked there but not in the way.
It was less than a 5-minute drive to Camelback and the Outlets, and a 10-minute drive to Mt. Airy casino. Overall, I thought it was a great place for us to stay to go skiing!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Very bad experience with reservations.

We wanted to change our hotel reservation dates. Usually, you just call the hotel a few days before your scheduled arrival and say we will not be arriving Friday, but will be arriving Saturiday instead and you are done.

Not at the Comfort Inn in Bartonsville.

They told us that since we were not coming in on the scheduled date, that this was in effect cancelling the original reservation and we would now have to make a new reservation at a new rate for the remaining nights - which, needless to say, was substantialy higher than the price of the reservation we had made several weeks before.

This is the first time that a hotel has ever done anything like this.

What a rip off!

• Stayed February 2009
delaware
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Like everyone else i was a little hesitant about booking here after reading the reviews. I can honestly say i had a good time here. It was my first trip to the Poconos and there was so many places to chose from. I was on a tight budget like i'm sure everyone is this time of year. We made our reservations online and booked a king suite with a separate living room. The price was reasonable especially with my GF's AAA discount. Came up to $89.00 a night weekend rate. We use our GPS to find the hotel, even though we probably didn't even need it. It was very easy to find. Just off of 611. A major highway. I also want to clear up this "Truck stop" topic i keep reading about. There is NO TRUCK stop here. The hotel does have a big parking lot. The whole time we were there. 4 days and 3 night. I saw 2 trucks parked 300 feet from the hotel. That hardly counts as a truck stop. First impression of the hotel it looked satisfactory. Very clean outside, i didn't see any papers or trash around. But remember this place isn't the Hilton. So keep that in mind.

We went inside to check in. The lobby was clean and inviting. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and prompt. Gave us our room number and showed us a faster way of getting our luggage to our room. She also told us the hours of the complementary breakfast every morning. The hotel has only 2 levels with no elevator. We got a room on the first floor. Our room was really nice. Great size, I liked the french doors leading to the separate living area. It was very clean. I didn't see any stains or bugs. The room had a microwave and fridge. Which was what we needed. Both tv's worked fine. 25inch or so. Free HBO. The bed was really comfortable and there wasn't any strange odors. The bathroom on the other hand was really small. But it was clean and everything worked fine. The free breakfast in the morning was good. It was all continental. Had 2 choices of cereal, a waffle maker, toast, bakeries such as doughnuts and muffins, sliced fruits, coffee and orange juice. The housekeeping staff did a good job as well. They gave us our daily maid service.
Replenished our towels and kept our room nice and neat. The arcade room had only 2 games and only one was working at the time. I didn't care cause i wasn't a big gamer anyway. The pool was nice. Good size and clean. The fitness room was really small. Only had a treadmill and stationary bike. The location of the hotel is what sold me. Its near everything! The huge crossing shopping outlets just 5 mins to our left. Camelback ski and snowtubing was about 7 mins . If you turn right from the hotel there is another shopping center about 1 minute away. Mount airy casino is 10 mins away in Mount pocono. Just so many shops and restaurants nearby. Big pocono state park is nearby Camelback. Tons of hiking trails as well as the beautiful mountain scenery. In closing we had a great time here. And i won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — The room and free wifi
  • Disliked — The size of the fitness room and bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jungleme
nj
Reviewed October 26, 2008

"STAY AWAY!"

Just returned from a night of NO POWER, leaky ceiling, and no hot water. Stay away from room 166, it was a nightmare! There were stains on the chairs, and water stains on the ceiling in both the bedroom area & shower. We had to request a pail to place under the ceiling leak in the bedroom. My sister called 911 since we were in a total blackout & people had candles lit, a real fire hazard.
Once the power did return around 1 am, we were unable to cool the room down since the knob to the fan was missing!

Will never return!

MB from NJ & her sisters from NYS

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2008

The hotel is located quite a ways back from the road. It was getting dark when we were looking for it. The sign along the road was not lit, nor were the parking lot lights. We were told that the lights come on automatically and had not been adjusted for the season. Made us wonder about the management. We had to change rooms, since the first smelled (mostly like smoke in a non-smoking facility). The staff was very good about making the change.
The room was big, but quite dark. It could have been a bit cleaner. There is no elevator. Breakfast was good.

• Liked — Large room.
  • Disliked — Darkness.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartonsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Chateau Resort & Conference Center

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos? Share your experiences!