“Non-smokers beware”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bartonsville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Requested a non-smoking king and stressed the importance of this issue over all other amenities. The public areas reek of smoke. The entire (smoke free designated floor) second floor reeks of smoke. Our room, initially, seemed okay. But an hour under the sheets and we started to look for the old ashtrays that we were sure were hiding in the room. The room was quiet and for a one night stay the room amenities were okay. The coffee was awful. We did not stay for breakfast.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear MikeandJoan,
As per the Comfort Inn in Bartonsville I genuinely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had here with us. IF you are ever unhappy with your room please simply request a room change the front desk would be more then will to make accommodations. We hope you will stay with us again in a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We booked two adjourning rooms for a combination business/family fun weekend in the Poconos. We arrived at 1:30 and it appeared only three cars were in the very large parking lot for the hotel but, nonetheless our rooms were NOT ready. We checked-in and went about our business until about 4pm. The adjourning rooms were ready and just satisfactory. The were some housekeeping issues (popcorn from previous guest on the floor behind the bed; adjourning room door stuck; some peeling wallpaper around the shower) but generally we were OK.
Hotel was quiet and complimentary breakfast was good. After our business portion of the day we returned eager to use the indoor pool area but were surprised by what we found. A children's birthday party for no less that 40 children plus parents had taken over the ENTIRE POOL AREA! apparently the hotel rents the pool area out to locals for parties without concern for paying guests. I spoke with Jill the manager who apologized and gave a small room credit for the inconvenience but the damage to our family weekend was done. By the way the PARTY LASTED FOR ABOUT SEVEN HOURS!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear PATRICKANTHONY,
Primarily I would like to thank you for your stay here at the Comfort Inn in Bartonsville. However I do apologize for the inconvenience of the pools accessibility. We do have private parties that we book at the pool as do many other hotels, as for the size of the party and the inconvenience we do apologize. We are very glad to hear that Jill was able to assist you with any and all of your needs and we strive that all of our employees work in the same fashion.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My third stay at this site, consistent overall good experience and will continue to revisit. Local restaurants are average places for travelers, good local shopping for travel needs, good access to/from I-80. The housekeeping I foung decent, good bed and linens, OK TV channels if you need this, good bathroom facilities and fixtures, well supplied with towels etc. and good, ready hot water. Well set back from the Interstate, hence no road noises, on all three stays I found the corridors quiet (except in the mornings, when departing guests let doors slam which shakes my walls). I have never tried the in-house breakfast - chiefly because I always bring in my own. The checkin and checkout process has always been brisk and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear Cloudseleyshovell,
Here at the Comfort Inn we are very glad to hear you have happily consistently stayed with us. We hope that you will always keep up in your options for a place to stay while traveling. We are happy to have guests like you that come back time and time again; you are the best judgment of our hotel, considering consistency, cleanliness, and friendliness are key to running any establishment.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Room was a little smelly, very old looking and not even toilet paper in the bathroom. The only good thing was the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Redeve236,
On behalf of the Comfort Inn in Bartonsville I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniencies you may have encountered during your stay. We take every review, complaint, complement and concern very seriously and I personally would like to assure you that every day the Comfort Inn is working towards becoming a better hotel.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family recenty stayed at this hotel. I'm glad I requested a second room floor, because the hallway throughout the bottom floor of the hotel smelled of smoke and dampness. At 10:00 that evening, we discovered the air conditioning in our room was not working properly. Upon check out the follow morning, I notified the staff of this. When checking out, we were charged an additional $10 for a rollaway bed. I was not asking for a refund on my room, but thought it would have been a "nice" gesture on their part to at least not charge the additional $10 for an uncomfortable night's sleep in an un-airconditioned room. Had i had more time, I probably would have argued the point.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Barb B,
First at hand, I would like to thank you for your stay with us in May. I would also like to let you know that as I am sorry to hear your issue with the air conditioner. As for the front desk still charging you for the Roll away bed this is protocol, and without the consult of a manager the front desk would not have been able to waive this fee. We hope you will stay with us again in the future, as every review only brings us closer and closer to being a better hotel.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

After a day spent skiing at nearby Camelback Mountain, I checked into a one bedroom suite with my 13 year old son and three of his best buddies. Check in was smooth and I used my AAA discount. The young woman at the desk told me about happy hour drinks and $5 nachos in the lounge. We didn't do that but it was nice to know it was available. The roll away bed we had requested was in the room already. We dropped off our bags and headed to the much anticipated Bid Daddy's BBQ restaurant which is located in the hotel parking lot. It was really good food, nice service with a smile, and we were all very happy not to have to get back in the car in search of dinner. Back to the hotel, and into bathing suits and into the pool for some marco polo and chicken fights (there was only one other person there besides us and my boys were happy to have him (approx. 10 year old boy) join in. Free wifi was working well. The back to the room -- enough hot water for 5 showers and I could retire to my little pull out queen couch (comfy enough) and pull the french doors closed for some privacy. I had my own tv and the boys had theirs. No noise from other rooms and we didn't stay up too late either. Breakfast at 7am offered more choices than I would have thought seeing that it was free. It was good enough to fill us up and get us ready for skiing when the slopes opened at 8:30 am. And, this place was close enough that we could leave at 8:15 and get there easily in 15 minutes! I would stay at this Comfort Inn again given the location and amenities. Sure, it is not fancy by any means. But it was clean and comfortable and worked so well for us all!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite cost just a little more and it was worth it for some extra space without havin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Steve B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

We are very glad to hear your thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Inn. The Big Daddy’s is also a great amenity if you wanted to consider it that. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast as we were recently considering changing it up a bit, perhaps we will decide against that. Having Camelback Mountain so close is a great aspect of the hotel and beings that we are about fifteen minutes away means no three hours and hours of traffic. Well, hopefully we will see you and the boys again this winter!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

When I arrived, the receptionist was in the midst of complaining about a guest that said that her non-smoking room smelled like smoke instead of paying me any attention. I thought her attitude was very unprofessional. The room was marginal- the walls were paper thin and I could here EVERYTHING that went on in the hallway, outside, and in the room next to me. I was in a room that was under the overhang that is above the front entrance and this may have amplified the outdoor sounds. The breakfast was OK. The lounge/bar looked nice but I never went in so I can't comment on that. The small gym had plate glass walls and looked right into the breakfast area- sweating it out with a bunch of people eating waffles while watching me is creepy and not well planned. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: They cannot guarantee rooms with a microwave/refrigerator but you can request these things. Rooms t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Cowgirlcharisma,
Primarily I would like to thank you for your stay and your review. Every review here at the Comfort Inn in Bartonsville is taken very seriously we strive to provide the best quality and service to each and every guest that stays with us. I am saddened and surprised to hear the issue you encountered at the front desk. The appropriate departments and supervised were made aware of this issue and we assure this should not be an issue again. Once again we thank you for your review and of course your stay I hope you will give us another try.
-Steve Bartlett Chief Operating Officer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartonsville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos? Share your experiences!