“Cheap, no frills motel, but not bad”

Knights Inn Poconos/Bartonsville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bartonsville
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this motel because it was cheap, conveniently located (close to Camelback and right on Route 611), and they accepted pets. The fridge and microwave in the room were pluses (although the microwave works very strangely -- it will only turn on if you push "quick start" and then a number, and it will go at full power for the number of minutes entered). The room was a decent size and acceptably clean (not spotless, but not grimy). Beds are ok but not great. We stayed in the winter and heater works very well, did not notice a lot of drafts around the door. Hotel staff a little surly but not truly unpleasant. Avoid the breakfast -- all they have are oj and apple juice from a machine, awful coffee and packaged mini blueberry muffins and honey buns, nothing else. Would I stay here again? Yes, because it's cheap, and not that bad, but if I could find a decent deal at another motel in the area, I would take it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a shame, because of Hurricane Sandy we needed to leave our home as we had no power, we had nothing, so we booked at Knights Inn in Bartonsville, PA, we didnt need to stay as power had been restored so we tried to cancel our reservation and they wouldn't refund our payment. I guess its all about the mighty dollar and not about the people!!!! I am not the only one who had this problem! So if you are thinking about staying at this motel.... DON'T DO IT!!!!! There are plenty of other places to stay that actually care about the people!!!!! Shame on you KNIGHTS INN!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed November 1, 2012

As with so many other residents, my family and I lost power during Hurricane Sandy. After calling numerous hotels, we finally got a room at the Knights Inn (the last two available rooms). The hotel staff understood our situation and was very courteous and even allowed me to book the room without a credit card. We booked the room for two nights and paid in advance. While we were at the hotel, our neighbor called to inform us that our lights were back on. We went to the front desk to ask for a refund for the second night. They refunded us our money without question They were very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rita H
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First, I travel a lot--all over the country. During the warmer, summer months, I prefer the older motels with outdoor entries--it's nice to be able to sit outside my room to enjoy the weather. Though I read several negative postings about Knights Inn Bartonsville, I found my experience to be most pleasant. While certainly not a 5-star accommodation (and, I wasn't looking for such), I found my room to be very clean, the inside air pleasant and the owners / management most pleasant. The breakfast isn't much, but then, I wasn't expecting much. Cereal, juice and coffee--well, that's what I usually have at home. I stayed two times in early June and will certainly stay again when traveling through the area. Though I didn't have time to enjoy it, the outdoor pool area was attractive and inviting.

Room Tip: All rooms face a busy street. But, I never seemed overwhelmed by traffic noise. I stayed in two diff...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again if this place was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before we were switched out of our room we had to prove that there were bugs. The Manager on Duty told us numerous times that "this hotel never has any complaints about bugs". Apparently that was incorrect, I've seen a ton of bad reviews about your hotel after doing extensive research. If that wasn't enough, the room he switched us too had more bugs and on top of that my friends room also had the same huge bugs. So much for never having any complaints about bugs, yet 3 out of 3 rooms all had bugs. What are the odds?

The manager was just too CHEAP to provide some sort of monetary compensation for the headaches we incurred. Therefore, I uploaded pictures of the bugs that your hotel claims never to have problems with and for your convenience I''ve attached it to this email. I also have videos of the other bugs that were in the other room if you'd like that I can submit it to you for viewing as well.

This instance even led me so far to make a complaint with the BBB. NEVER in my life have I ever made a complaint with the BBB. I could not believe someone would offer such poor service and be ok with that.

Based on the numerous BAD reviews your hotel has seen you ought to be ashamed and embarrassed. Just in case you aren't aware of those I've attached a few for your perusal.

I HOPE THIS HOTEL GOES OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Put your money else where.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nluvya
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in May 2012. The cleanliness of the room was fine -- probably just as clean as your own house! Beds were comfortable. Shower was very good pressure and temperature. Continental breakfast is lame, tho.
Pool was good. On a highway road, but not too noisy in room. Restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Pool is outdoor, next to one end of the hotel. If you want to use the pool, ask for a room close t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Our family of 5 (3 kids) stayed here on 2/3/12. I thought because they accepted a reservation for 5 that the place had to be pretty roomy...NOT!!! 2 full size beds in an extra tiny room. Absolutely DISGUSTING! The room had a smokey/musty smell. The sheets were dirty the beds were disgusting. The toilet over-flowed the 1st time we flushed it. The bathroom light only worked sometimes. I couldn't sleep because I was afraid of what might be crawling around the filthy room during the night. I wouldn't even let my kids brush their teeth because I wasn't sure if the bathroom sink/vanity was clean. The comment card was filthy. It was the worst hotel/motel stay I have ever had! FIND ANOTHER PLACE FOR THE NIGHT!!

Room Tip: Do not go by the pictures posted on-line. The room did not look anything like that.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LisaG907
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartonsville
7 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Knights Inn Poconos/Bartonsville? Share your experiences!