TripAdvisor
Bangor
Post
Inbox
Search

“We loved every bite . . .”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
J.DeFranco & Daughters
Order Online
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed July 2, 2019

After returning from exploring a local park, we decided to stop by and see what was cooking . . . . . and what a delicious surprise.
The entrance is small but the kitchen is spacious and the food was grand.
I ordered a large mozzarella cheese steak with mushrooms and rapini on semolina roll and 6 meatballs to go.
Kudos to Jo and his wife for such delicious food cooked and presented by delightful folks.
The cheesesteak meat was not wafer thin and processed in a box and portioned out but thick shaved beef, chock full of flavor in that awesome seeded bread.
I saved the saucy meatballs for the homemade fettuccine noodles next night and they tasted just like I remember Nona used to serve them;
BIG, beefy balls full of flavor.
hope to see you soon.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed February 12, 2019

I have been going here for years for take out meals; they have great food and are always friendly. I’ve purchased antipasto for 4 and for 40, I’ve had great Italian meats and hot food dishes delivered for events and I am always pleased with DeFranco & Daughters!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a place to pick up something for dinner that tastes better than any Italian restaurant in the area this is the place. Joe is a true passionate chef who creates authentic Italian dishes that rival anything I have had in some of the most famous New York and Philadelphia Italian restaurants. In addition to the dinners Joe's soups, sangwitches, biscottis, are simply awesome.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Many good years of great food preparation has come from Joe and his staff. We've had food many many times and
not one single complaint about anything he serves. Keep it going great Joe ............................

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016

I have used the, for catering and have just stopped buy and picked up stuff for dinner. Always friendly and always get something really delicious to eat.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to J.DeFranco & Daughters? Share your experiences!