“I've never been at such peace in my life as I was at this park”

Columcille Megalith Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Bangor
Scranton, Pennsylvania
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“I've never been at such peace in my life as I was at this park”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This park is absolutly phenomenal. Very quiet, very peaceful, very clean and just all around amazing. This park is privately owned but opened to the public and the owners keep up with all the land very well. There are trails to go through in the woods so definitely wear sneakers (I didn't and regretted it) the stones and boulders places throughout the park are amazing and the stone hedge replica is a must-see!!! The little church is awesome too. I went on a day when there was activities going on so I had a tour guide and he had said that he actually got married in that little church the summer before. How cute !!!! This park is free to enter but during the events it's a few dollars. Definitely worth it. I can't wait until the weather gets nicer because as soon as it does I'm immediately going back.

3 Thank Educatdhorses

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Wear your sneakers, take deep breaths and prepare to appreciate the beauty and peace this place brings.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank RebeccaHeath
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a Beautiful Place!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I loved everything about this place. There was so much to see! It's a nice relaxing day out for just walking the trails and seeing the labrynth and stones. The church is amazing! They hold get togethers there. It's just so huge and so peaceful! It's a great day out to spend time with loved ones or even for yourself. There's just so much to see if you're into nature and outdoors. I'm pretty sure they allow pets too. I was told they allow weddings there and you couldn't have a more beautiful wedding here! I just LOVE going here!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michelle B
Orefield, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Stonehenge within reach”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Mystical placement and spiritual connections of native rocks and boulders. Dolmans evoke a sense of Celtic lore and Druidic bonding. Amazing place to see and sense.

Bangor, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A place where magic happens”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have visited this wonderful place many times. I was there on 11-11-11 which became a wonderful experience. I met many people and got to watch a ceremony in the chapel. This is a place to go clear your mind and get in touch with the environment. You won't be sorry. A gem that is hidden in the woods.

Visited June 2012