“Good authentic middle eastern food”
Review of Al Dar Bistro

Al Dar Bistro
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Bala Cynwyd
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The food and service at Al Dar are good and I have yet to be disappointed. We will go back again. I think it is a tad on the pricey side for the ambience and food presentation but the food is tasty. There are a limited number of restaurants serving Mid East food in the area so this is a nice fund. Best to try the middle eastern dishes (one person at our table had fish and was disappointed). Their parking lot in the back is small so best to try for on street parking which I never have had trouble finding. A good place for lunch or dinner!

1  Thank QuakerTruth

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We got take out and the prices were much higher than the menu online. The food was cold and they forgot the sauces that we asked to put on the side. Not to mention we couldn't even finish because it was to chewy. It was the worst. Do yourself a favor and skip..

2  Thank Kar G
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Unusual selection of delicious food. This restaurant is a good place for families and friends to enjoy a relaxing meal.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Hummus platter comes with fresh baked and still piping hot pita bread. I highly recommend this dish and any of the other small plates. The small plates tend to be more fresh and raw than the bigger plates, and I find the small plate to be better on the whole.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Aldar has been around for many years. It has a loyal clientele and the busy bar is indicative of it's popularity. It is very noisy when the room is filled so be prepared. The food, which is not cheap, is average. The mezza plate with hummus, baba ganoush, and tabouli is a standard appetizer; it's good. They have really good pita bread, but I think you have to pay for the refill. I ordered the koftie which was way overdone and inedible. The greek salad is standard fare, as are the basic mediterranean dishes. I think it is overpriced on many dishes and not worth it. It's convenient for a go-to place when you don't feel like cooking, but there are others in the neighborhood that are much better.