Review Highlights
Perfect Spa Day

My boyfriend and I visited the Spa for a couples massage while on vacation. It's the perfect place... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Kristyn2435
Restful Retreat

I luxuriated in an hour long deep tissue massage with Jacob. He was very skilled, and diffused all... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Cliffdweller2428
via mobile

All reviews soaking pool couples massage overlooking the ocean fabulous massage deep tissue massage treatment tubs lockers robes
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2014

This was my second vita cura facial here; this time I added the eye contour treatment and it remains the best facial I've ever had! In fact, since my experience two years ago here with the Repechage product, I've tried without success to find a spa in the Washington DC area that offers it. None of my intervening facials in the past two years match the quality and results of the Vita Cura. I can't help but sound like a commercial: it truly does firm and lift aging skin!

Randi had a light touch and gave a very relaxing facial massage as well. I left the spa feeling revitalized.
My husband and I also had the swedish massage (separately) and really enjoyed them. My husband's intermittent back issue went away after his treatment. I felt totally relaxed and revived after my treatment with Shelly.
The only downside to the spa treatments here is that they are sometimes so busy that they use a spa room next to the guest laundry room which is located down the hall from the spa. My massage time would have been more peaceful without the outside noises of people talking in the hallway (The "Quiet Massage in Session" signs didn't help). When I book next time, I'll ask for a time when I get a room inside the spa space itself.
The spa facility is gorgeous: serene, clean, and full of amenities including Aveda shampoo and conditioner, styling gel, hair spray, hair dryers, and high end shower,luxurious robe, ice water, steam and sauna rooms, with adjoining jetted whirlpools that look onto the rocky coastline and surf.
Heavenly!

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank mhI157ME
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing renewing face and sole treatment today with Kelly. Could not have been a more relaxing and wonderful experience. Highly recommend for anyone coming to Yachats...spend a few hours in the overleaf spa and you will be a relaxed and rejuvenated soul!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The spa staff was friendly, warm, and informative. They exclusively use Aveda products and ask that you arrive 20 minutes early. Once there I was asked to fill out a standard questionnaire and then shown into the lockers rooms with a quick tour. You are encouraged to use their free facilities like the sauna and pool, though you need a swimsuit for the second as they are co-ed. They have lemon water and cucumbers available for you as you relax and wait to be taken back. My massage was exactly what I needed after spending the prior day hiking. Then I went in for a facial and that was even better! It was my first facial so she walked me through the process and then allowed me to choose the aromatherapy scent I liked. She was so wonderful that I dozed off a couple of times! Afterward, she left a list of the products she used but I felt no pressure at all to buy. There is no place to write-in a tip on the receipt so i viewed them asking me if I wanted to leave a tip as standard. Overall, a wonderful experience!

Date of experience: June 2014
Robin M, Manager at Overleaf Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Spa experience here with us recently! We are always striving to meet and possibly even exceed our guests expectations. We hope you feel like this is the place you will come in the future to meet your R&R needs and thank you for your kind words :-)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife arranged a special surprise spa experience for me on my birthday and after lunch and some beer tasting at Rogue brewery we made our way there (two hours later and after a hike on the way). After filling out paper work and putting on robes etc the massage therapist assigned to me told me I was too intoxicated to receive a message, Being completely sober, I was shocked and most of all humilitated as I was forced to interrupt my wifes session and tell her that apparently I was too drunk to receive a message. The worst part of it all was that my wife had gone to great trouble planning the day to make it special for my birthday. We had worked our entire day around it only to be embarrassed and to wonder what I had done wrong. I went into the experience feeling wonderful and left feeling like a criminal. Beware if you plan to go here while on vacation or having a special day....don't have a glass of wine or beer first or you may be interrogated, embarrassed and then asked to leave. BTW I can not speak for the hotel service itself as we were not guests of the hotel (luckily) Also, a call back the following day yielded no sympathy from the manager (Robin).

Date of experience: March 2014
6  Thank OregonHawk
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

While we always do our best to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations, our first and foremost duty is to the safety of our guests. Under Oregon Administrative Rules it is the massage therapist’s duty to ‘ safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Oregon... the following Standards of Professional Conduct must be binding on every person holding a license… Consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and providing care and services.’ A massage therapist’s first duty is to assess the physical condition of our guest and then make a decision that is in the best interest of the guest. A therapist’s license is at risk if they perform a massage on a person who in the therapist’s expert opinion, may suffer or be injured by the treatment. If the therapist can smell alcohol and/or the guest’s actions suggest that they are under the influence, then the therapist will make the call as directed by their professional training. This can be a subjective decision, but is always done in the best interest of the guest’s safety as was done in this case. Unfortunately, OregonHawk disagreed with our assessment. We are very sensitive to that and wish that we could have met his expectations and delivered a stellar massage. However, we will always do what is in our professional opinion is in the best interest of a guest regardless of how it may affect our business volume or the potential for a negative Trip Advisor review.

Sincerely, Drew Roslund, Owner’s representative
541-330-1286

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had a massage in the spa and as I was paying I was asked if I wanted to leave a tip. It is as low class as can be to go around with a figurative begging bowl asking for more, especially since their massages are by far the most expensive in the area. It made me very uncomfortable and I didn't schedule the second spa treatment I had wanted.

6  Thank TNaeye