“Just OK - a little disappointing”

Adobe Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Adobe Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King St.
Newport, Oregon
“Just OK - a little disappointing”
Reviewed January 6, 2009

A friend of mine recommended the Adobe, so my husband and I took his parents there for dinner while they were here visiting. They were impressed with the view, which is really the only redeeming quality this restaurant has. The dining room really needs a makeover. It is dark and dingy and needs to be brought into the 21st century! The food is just ok. Not horrible, but nothing to write home about either. Service was adequate. Prices are too high for the quality of food.

1 Thank ZoeZim

Missouri
“We love the Adobe Restaurant!”
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We've visited this place twice and have had very good experiences both times - wish we were closer so we could go more often! ! The food and service were very good and the view of the sunset and the waves crashing on the rocky coast is FABULOUS!

Saint Paul, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the Pork Osso Buco”
Reviewed November 13, 2008

my husband and I stayed there once before when we went on a road trip and loved it. the rooms are reasonably priced and the staff was very accomodating. The restaurant is awesome. All the seafood specials you can image with a nice supply of chicken, beef, and yes pork. The pork osso bucu..if I spelled that correctly..was SOOOOO GOOD! My husband loves it. It might be 22.00 but who cares when the meat is falling off the bones and is begging you to eat it! I love the french onion soup, its a classic. This time I had the Chef's pasta special, great. The service is awesome, if though it is a nice dining establishment and the staff are nicely dressed doesn't mean you have to be. :) It is the Oregon Coast, I wore jeans and a sweatshirt. No one cares. SOOO Good! You have to go and try that PORK...!!!!!

1 Thank Sonnybear1125
Richland, Michigan
“Good food, but a bit dark and dated in the restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2008

A little dated and salad bars are gross, but the food itself was good as well as the service. My wife had a steak which was cooked perfectly and the seafood fettuccine I had was good.

The restaurant seemed a bit dark and dated though which is why the rating is a bit higher.

1 Thank wilkintj
Beaverton, Oregon
“Really good Clam Chowder”
Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is one of the restaurant a lot of local residents recommended. The restaurant was in side the Adobe resort;right next to the Overleaf Lodge we stayed at. We had to go through the Adobe's front desk before we found the restaurant. The staffs were very friendly. I would highly recommend that you do make reservation early and before 8pm (some of the popular dinner entrees were out). My fiancee and I with a couple of friends went there for dinner. It was packed. The restaurant was split in two sections; the lounge and the dinner sitting area. We ended going over to the lounge because we were hungry & didn't want to wait for 1.5hrs for a table. We were lucky that when we were having dinner at the lounge, no one was smoking. The lounge was nice and had live music.. It had the upstairs and downstairs. The funny thing about the service is if you decided to go upstairs for dinner, it's self-service. The waitress doesn't go upstairs. What they do is the guests order their food at the bar & when it's ready, the guests brings their food upstairs. I have never heard self-service in a nice restaurant. Well, of course, we ate downstairs. The restaurant had a view of the ocean. The waitress was very friendly and joked around with us. She tells us funny stories and recommendation around town. The food was pricey but so worth it. The clam chowder was sooooo good; it was better than the famous Mo's Restaurant. We all had salmon and pasta;the halibut was all out. Our side dishes for our entrees were either soup or salad bar. The one downside about sitting in the lounge and ordering salad bar is that I have to walk through a door to go over to the dining area and walk back to my table. I would highly recommend this restaurant. After we finished our food, we got the bill. .We were surprised that there was tax in Oregon. There's only two cities in the state of Oregon that has city tax of 5% which are Yachats and Ashland. That's okay with us, it was worth the price. We had some friends from Portland came in the next morning & we had a trivia question if Oregon has sale tax or not. If we win, we get free breakfast. Well guess what, we got free breakfasts the next day from our dear friends from Portland. I had a very pleasant experience at the restaurant; had excellent food, friendly service, and learn something new in my own state.

2 Thank LuVdining2