“Finally a place on the coast that's on the beach and we can bring our dog, all for a reasonable price”
Review of Silver Surf Motel

Silver Surf Motel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Silver Surf Motel is simple, clean, great view of waves, good low tide walking, close by hiking and takes our border collie. We felt the innkeepers cared about our stay and even lent me a long piece of rope when I realized I didn't bring the long leach.
We needed to air out our room when we got there, because it had just been cleaned. A minor fuss in an otherwise good recommendation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Eugene
Reviewed December 1, 2010

If you're looking for comfort, convenience, and affordable pricing -- with a great oceanfront view -- this is the place for you. Our room with a real kitchen (not just a microwave) was spotless and tastefully furnished, and we had our own private balcony! The queen bed was comfortable, too. We didn't take advantage of the indoor pool, but it looks very nice. Set apart from the cluster of motels in Yachats, the Silver Surf is still close to the variety of great restaurants: about a 1-minute drive. The innkeepers are very friendly and accomodating, and we felt personally cared for. They even gave us a Thanksgiving bottle of sparking cranberry juice. We are definitely coming back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The Silver Surf Motel in Yachats is my most favorite place to visit. My family and I make a point to visit a couple times a year. We consider it our "HOME AWAY FROM HOME". The customer service is awsome! The entire staff make it a point to really remember who you are, and best of all, they remember the names of our puppies. Speaking of dogs, that is the biggest selling point for us. We don't travel without our four legged friends. Having a motel that is so welcoming to ALL of our family members is number one in my book. The Silver Surf is located on a beautiful beach, with every room having an ocean view. Each room also has kitchenettes. So convenient, when all you want to do is walk the beach and watch the surf. I just pack a cooler of food, and then I don't have to go anywhere. Just cook my meals in the room and just RELAX. If your wanting the true Oregon Coast experience, the Silver Surf is HIGHLY recommended. Well, only recommended if it doesn't obstruct with me getting a reservation. See you next year Silver Surf and every year after that.
Thank you for a great time at our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Oregon
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We were there for 2 days and nights. We had a very nice room with a king size bed and a hide a bed. The rooms have a balcony with ocean view, and they are pet friendly. The rooms also have a full size refrigerator, microwave,coffe maker, stove with oven, sink, dishes, and pots and pans. If you want a nice quiet place to stay and would like to save some money by cooking in this is the place. They also have a heated pool, beach access, and new pillow top mattresses. They have wi-fi but the strength was very low in our room, and we had to go out side to use the cell phone, but we loved it there and would go back again. they also have 2 bedroom cabins with carports.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 25, 2010

In 2004, I went to the Silver Surf with my now deceased sister. It was terrible then. Unclean, poor service, nothing seemed to work, unsafe beach access, and hideous beds. But because of the location, ocean view, and new website, I decided to try it again with my brother and his wife. We are all senior citizens in our seventies. My sister-in-law and I have arthritis that makes stairs difficult. The new management accommodated us with two adjoining rooms on the first floor. Although this first level is for those who have pets, the rooms were very clean, The service was good, and the beds were wonderful. We not only had TV with Home Box Office but also had Wi-Fy. The kitchen appliances now worked, dishes were in good conditions, and there were hangers in the closet—so different from the way it was previously. Access to the beach was greatly improved. With the new sturdy railings and my cane, I managed to get down to the beach and walk next to the ocean. The current managers are delightful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank readwell
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 1, 2010

A friend and I stayed here at the end of September. We loved the room and the view. Front desk person was very gracious. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We LOVED this motel. I was leery about it living up to its reputation but I needn't have worried. The rooms were great, the staff were terrific, the views incredible, and the beach - well what can I say. The only odd thing was the room didn't have a kettle for boiling water so we had to use a pot. No biggie just odd. Otherwise I'd go back in a hearbeat. Bad wireless connection but oh well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#6 of 11 in Yachats
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!