“Didn't get to stay here as no one answered the phone!”
Review of Silver Surf Motel

Silver Surf Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I wanted to stay here as I had skied with the owner at Mt. Bachelor and he suggested it and offered a discount, but he neglected to inform me that no one answers the phone after 8pm. As we had just finished eating dinner up in Newport at 8pm, we left a msg on their office phone and NO ONE CALLED US BACK so we stayed up in Newport. I work for a hotel and when we get calls, we call people back...even if it is to say; ..."sorry we missed your call, we hope to host you at another time." As we passed by the motel the next day, on our way down the rest of the OR coast, I stopped in at the teeny-tiny front desk (and saw the sign on the front door that said the office closed at 8pm) and the 90-yr-old woman who worked there was on the phone. After about 5 min., she put the call on hold and asked me what I wanted. I told her that I was the one that called last night, but I saw the sign and now knew (for the next time we pass by) we had to call before 8pm. She did not even smile or say "sorry, I didn't call you back this morning", she just sort of looked at me, like...and so what the heck did I want? I found it all very strange....the place looks very cute, but old...like the woman at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoddessofArt
There are newer reviews for Silver Surf Motel

Reviewed March 31, 2010

We stay at the Silver Surf Motel because of the reviews. It is at a very beautiful location, but it can use some updating, the carpet was very old and had stains. And the room just had some odor maybe it was from the carpet. I don't know, Although I was impress with the kitchen area, that was very clean. The beds are not comfortable. It can get very noisy with other occupants, but the staff was very helpful with that. But you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Friendly staff, and very helpful. The price is great. Were told the wifi might not be working due to the storms, but they would "set us up" in the office if need be. Turns out it was fine, we were able to get it in our room. The room was clean, and funky, but in a good way. Nothing fancy but for the price, clean, comfortable, very nice staff and a great view too it is a nice, cozy place to stay. We are looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SeaGypsy23
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the very reasonable Silver Surf Motel, located north of Yachats about halfway on Oregon's 360-mile coastline. The motel is quaint (I mean that in a positive way) and clean. We liked the rooms, although they are not modern or totally revitalized. They are good size and have nice bathrooms and kitchens. There were two chairs on our balcony and the view is great (we had a 2nd story-room). The facility is run well (privately owned, not a chain). It has a large video library and an indoor pool w/jacuzzi.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Simplicity is the feeling of Silver Surf Motel. Location is great and the staff is so wonderful. Each room faces the ocean. Each room the slide door opens up to a balcony or patio so close to the beach it fills your complete eye sight. Silver Surf is clean, simple and within walking distance to the village of Yachats, the gem of the Oregon coast. It will be one of your favorite places to return to.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank ClaytonD3
Reviewed February 20, 2010

The Silver Surf is an older but comfortable motel with its own beach. It is along Hwy 101 between Yachats and Newport. It was secluded and very quiet. The view of the ocean was great. Each room has a great little kitchen with everything provided to prepare meals with including towels. The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom is very clean. Even though we didn't bring our dogs, they are very pet friendly. We definitely recommend Silver Surf if you want clean and comfortable rooms. It is not fancy but very homey.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PetpeopleCheney_WA
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed at this motel the last couple of days and have been incredibly impressed. Perfect location, great area to bring our canine family, staff is very friendly, rooms are not fancy but very, very clean and comfortable. We will definately be back and hopefully for longer than 2 days. Great job by all in keeping this such a wonderful place to come for a visit.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!