I wanted to stay here as I had skied with the owner at Mt. Bachelor and he suggested it and offered a discount, but he neglected to inform me that no one answers the phone after 8pm. As we had just finished eating dinner up in Newport at 8pm, we left a msg on their office phone and NO ONE CALLED US BACK so we stayed up in Newport. I work for a hotel and when we get calls, we call people back...even if it is to say; ..."sorry we missed your call, we hope to host you at another time." As we passed by the motel the next day, on our way down the rest of the OR coast, I stopped in at the teeny-tiny front desk (and saw the sign on the front door that said the office closed at 8pm) and the 90-yr-old woman who worked there was on the phone. After about 5 min., she put the call on hold and asked me what I wanted. I told her that I was the one that called last night, but I saw the sign and now knew (for the next time we pass by) we had to call before 8pm. She did not even smile or say "sorry, I didn't call you back this morning", she just sort of looked at me, like...and so what the heck did I want? I found it all very strange....the place looks very cute, but old...like the woman at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront on the sandy beach; indoor pool & hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Silver Surf Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Hotel Yachats
- Silver Surf Motel Yachats, Oregon