Silver Surf Motel
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$76
Adobe Resort(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$115
Hotels.com
$69
Fireside Motel(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$93
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$59
Ya'Tel Motel(Yachats)
  • Pool
All reviewsoregon coastindoor pool and hot tubfire pitthe managersfull kitchenbeach accessbeach toysocean viewexcellent viewelectric fireplaceprivate balconybeautiful beachlaundry roomclean roomsmy favorite placelove this placeeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a great little place with friendly management and an air of nostalgia that harkens back to a bygone era of smaller roadside motels. Clean rooms with handy kitchenettes and startlingly beautiful ocean views. We spent two nights here on a trip up the Oregon coast.Our French Bulldog loved the grassy slope leading to the beach and our kids appreciated the swimming pool. We relaxed in the hot tub and everyone loved the beautiful beach directly accessed from the motel. We had full sun and no rain the day we spent on the beach here, and it was just warm enough that the kids could even play in the waves ~which doesn't happen all that frequently on the Oregon Coast!

Room Tip: All the rooms have balconies and they all face the ocean with a completely unobstructed view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank misty_bee_Wyo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay with 59 degrees and sunny in January, just like a cool summer day. The room was very clean and cozy with a fabulous view. There is a fireplace heater that when turned on high nearly blew us out of the room.. Janice and Michael made our stay very pleasant. They treated us and our dog just like we were family. We also agreed with the Inn Keepers best Restaurant in town. Their recommendation is also my favorite place in Yachats to eat, breakfast, lunch or dinner, at the Drift Inn. Janice & Michael went above and beyond the call of duty for Inn Keepers when they called me 1/2 hour after we left letting me know that I had left my cell phone charger in the room (along with my brain). Not having heard their message till I was way down the road, I called and they offered to mail it to me. I received it in the mail just a couple days later. We plan on staying here again just as soon as we can plan another trip to the beach. We are going to make this "our special new place" in lovely Yachats, the best kept secret by the Sea.

Oh... and my dog Sara says "Thanks Janice & Michael for all the great cookies!" Woof Woof! Woof! = "I'LL BE BACK!"

Room Tip: Ask for a pet room if you need one.... if not ask for a non pet room. Don't leave fido at home because he will love this place!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Donna C
SilverSurfInnkeepers, General Manager at Silver Surf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We look forward to having Sarah stay with us again soon. We will keep a list of great dining finds for youe next visit.
Best wishes and happy travels.
The Inkeepers

Reviewed January 19, 2013

we started staying at other motels but we were always mislead on ocean views and rooms. we started to stay there when our kids were very young they are almost grown now and thats where they still want to stay.always the best on the oregon coast family friendly. and pets always welcome!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Sue G
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a great time at the Silver Surf. We did not have to eat out once which is very different for us. I enjoyed the ocean view. Can't wait to go back. The pooll was nice and big and it had a hottub as well. They have new oweners and they are trying to update and our room had new appliances so it had a clean feel to it.

Room Tip: All the pet friendly rooms are on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BOBJUDYLYNN
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our usual favorite place to stay in Yachats was full so we took a chance on the Silver Surf, not expecting much but hoping it would at least be ok. The Silver Surf exceeded out expectations and then some! The staff was extremely welcoming, we had our choice of free videos to borrow for the DVD player in our room, and I spotted a big toy box available for the use of younger visitors. The second floor room was extremely clean, plenty of room, and the beds felt new and comfortable. The kitchenette had everything we needed to make breakfast in the morning and a microwave for popcorn to go with our movies. The balcony overlooked a lawn area and the ocean -- private and beautiful. Even though the motel was nearly full, our room was completely quiet. The indoor pool was enjoyed by my children and my husband. The Silver Surf Motel is not modern or elegant -- this is an old fashioned, family-friendly motel, the kind I remember from my childhood -- but it is extremely clean and comfortable, has friendly and helpful staff that obviously tries hard to make sure their guests have a great trip and has a beautiful location facing the ocean. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family