The Dublin House Motel
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)
Adobe Resort(Yachats)
Fireside Motel(Yachats)
Great 4.5/5
Overleaf Lodge & Spa(Yachats)
  • Pool
Average 3/5
    Terry-A-While(Waldport)
    • Beachfront
    All reviewsindoor poolfelt cleanervenetian blindsspacious roomwithin walking distancegood sizedining tabletwo night staysmall fridgedog friendly roomshort walk to the beachocean sidewould definitely stay here againfirst floorhighwaycleanlinesswaves
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 29, 2008

I will never stay at the The Dublin House Motel in Yachats again. Not as long as they are operating a kennel there. What a disaster. Never, ever let them give you room 8 or any other rooms on that side of the Motel. To both sides of our room were dogs (one in room 7 and several in room 9). From about 1:00 AM to 6:30 AM the dog in room 7 cried loudly and scratched at the door. There was also some brief AM dog-related commotion going on in the other room, but we could have ignored that. I tried to call the person in room 7 at about 2:30 AM but no one answered the phone. The manager told us in the morning that the people in room 7 are living in the motel and somehow related to the owner. She was sorry but nothing she could do about it. Nonsense. Any responsible business person would have refunded my money immediately. I mean really, all I got for my room fee was a sleepless night and a terrible migraine.

Stayed: January 2008
    3  Thank Urlauber004
    Reviewed September 29, 2007

True, the motel staff were very friendly. I realized this wouldn't be a 4-star hotel - we were looking for something quick (unscheduled side trip), and wanted basic security and cleanliness. The security was basic, in that it is not a high-risk area, and the cleanliness was sufficient, though I took off the bedspreads immediately. There was an immediate assault to the nose of a musty, moldy smell upon entering, and we noticed that the 'ocean view' was really blocks away, and no surf could truly be seen. We could however hear the surf at night, which was pleasant. And, a real 'buggy' thing for me was that the bed lights were high above the bed and if on, illuminated the entire room so that others could not sleep. Also, we left the windows open even though no there were no screens. All this for $74; a wee bit overpriced for a budget motel.

The kids wanted a pool, and yes, it felt a little daunting walking in - okay scary - the pool is located in a 'basement'; another reviewer used the word 'dungeon', and I laughed, because THAT is the exact feeling.

Stay again? Not likely, though in a pinch if there was no other room in town, we'd cave.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    1  Thank buzylady
    Reviewed September 13, 2007

If you find this place while looking for a room in Yachats, take my advice... Keep looking. The price isn't bad, but just about everything else about this place is. I called months in advance to book a room for 4 days as part of a two week vacation for our ninth wedding anniversary, and I asked very specific questions from a pre-written checklist that I always use. (To avoid situations like this, and it obviously didn't work very well in this case.)

For example, I asked "Do you have queen beds?" and they said "Yes we do.". But what they really have is queen sized mattresses on a plywood platform. (No, I am not kidding...) There were numerous other things about it that we were not very thrilled about but we chose to ignore them because of the price. Since this was our ninth anniversary my wife and I wanted it to be somewhat memorable, we decided that we would just go find another place for the rest of our vacation.

The one thing that really irritated me was when we made the original reservation, we were told the nightly rate was going to be $70.00 plus tax, but when we checked out early we were charged that plus a $14.00 cancellation fee for the other days we had originally planned to stay, making it $90.00 to stay one night. Just $10.00 less than what I had paid for a Grecian Tub Suite in the Oxford Suites Hotel in Gladstone, Oregon the night before.

So instead of being remembered as a romantic getaway in Yachats, the night we spent there will be remembered as nothing more than a night in a low budget motel room.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank 66Biker
    Reviewed August 19, 2007

We decided to venture to Yachats this year to watch the fireworks. Thinking most places would be booked, we decided on the Dublin House. (assumed if they are trying to give away a 2nd night for free, they probably have a vacancy) Almost immediately after entering the room, fleas were jumping on us. The manager did offer a different "pet free" room and eventually a refund ($130 total). She was not very friendly at all though-from the time we arrived until we left. We expect to pay $130 for an ocean view on the coast, but The Dublin House is a rip off. The pool is supposedly downstairs, in somewhat of a dungeon, the "ocean view" is beyond several blocks of houses, and the place is dirty-not worth more than $60.
    I would recommend you stay away from this place. It is overpriced with an overall nasty atmosphere. I would have to rate this as "terrible", when I think about what we found at the Yachats Inn!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
      • Check in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    3  Thank Zipadydodah
    Reviewed February 28, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this approx 1970s era motel. People in the office were informal, but nice. Room was average size, clean & had a distant view of the ocean. No balcony. Indoor pool tucked away downstairs with lots of towels. We paid $60 total with tax. We'd stay there again.

Stayed: December 2006