“Appalling - police notified”

The Dublin House Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Toronto
“Appalling - police notified”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

When the toilet cistern sprung a leak, soaking us and part of the room, I requested a refund. This was refused, and we were treated disgracefully by the manager (even though I had helped soak up some of the water with towels) and I notified the police and made a formal complaint. We left straight away, and it was apparent from locals that this place has a bad reputation....which is a shame because Yachats seems a nice town with some good restaurants. We would have stayed longer in the area, if we hadn't had the misfortune to come across this motel and its manager.
The manager had promised to refund our money if we were not happy, and then blatantly broke this promise. We did / could not stay the night, yet money was still taken. We were charged, by credit card, when we did not stay or use any part of the motel - which seems akin to theft to me. I would STRONGLY encourage anyone visiting Yatchats to avoid this disreputable place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Wisonian
dublinhs, Owner at The Dublin House Motel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
it is easy to give a refund to a customer that is not happy, but not to one that uses the room until the middle of the night, then "changes their mind."

this customer ripped the entire inside of the tank out, breaking the water tower in two places, leaving the top of the tank removed, shooting water all over the ceiling. no effort to shut off the water was made, lid was not replaced, "not my responsibility" was their response.

their first attemp was for some return of the price, then half, then all of what they paid. i declined, offering to move them to another room, as they had occupied the room for the entire day, evening and into the night.

each of them took turns throwing sopping wet towels at me, then leaving. i should have been the one to call the police.

mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Outer Space
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We asked to see a room and the manager seemed put off. He constantly tried to upsell and pressure us. When I suggested that we might look for something closer to the ocean (his hotel is on the busy road and several blocks from the ocean or town)… he said you won't find anything for under $250. When we said we'd keep looking, he turned and walked away. My "thank you" and attemp at any conversation was coldly ignored. I felt like a dollar sign that got away. About 1/2 mile north, we happily found the Adobe hotel, on the water, ocean view, sauna, hottub, pool, friendly staff... For exactly the same price ($90) as the Dublin House. Yachts is a very cute town with lots to see and inwould recommend a couple days here if you are driving the coast but don't stay at the Dublin House.

• Stayed July 2011
11 Thank Poadawg

Travelers are raving about these Yachats hotels

Natal
Reviewed January 31, 2011

It is a good place to stay. The rooms are nice, comfortable and there is a nice pool.
I definitely stay here again. The staff was courteous and I didn't have one problem the entire time. I recommended the Dublin House Motel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RaquelNatal
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed October 1, 2010

we had a big room with 2 queen beds the beds are very firm that is good for you, The pool is very clean and nice the kids love it . We walkto the ocean 2 short block because The Dublin House is only ocean view room not ocean front.That is ok because you can hear the water and you can see it when the weather let you. We will come back again for sure.I am tell all my friends to come here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
minehead
Reviewed August 10, 2010

during an extended trip to USA this was one of the cheapest motel we stayed in. No complaints, room was ok and the pool for a bonus for the money we paid. If you are looking for 4 star drive on by but if you want value for money stop here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had stayed here a few years ago and nothing much has changed. Still strange mix of 80's pictures on walls--seems to have been stuck in time. Nice large room but just little things seemed outdated. No shampoo ( no biggy), old microwave with analog dial (still works), no ice machine (but did have small referig). 120 plus tax but could book for one night, unlike house rentals in town. Best feature was being in town so could walk everywhere we needed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Some of the previous reviews for The Dublin are quite alarming. Perhaps they've cleaned up their act since some of those uncomplimentary postings. My recent stay over Memorial Day weekend was quite pleasant-------especially considering my situation.
After driving all night on a delivery transport from Reno to Portland, I decided to take a break, leisurely drive down 101 and find a quite space to spend the night on the ocean. I made it as far as Yachats, and was completely exhausted. After letting my dog run and play on the beach (no leash law at Yachats), I returned to my car to discover that I had lost my keys. YIKES-----NEVER LOOSE YOUR HIGH TECH COMPUTER-CHIPPED KEYS, ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND IN A SMALL COASTAL COMMUNITY.
Triple A came out unlocked the car and drove me into town with my dog and my overnight bag. The only vacancy to be found that was also pet-friendly was at The Dublin. I have to admit that I did have a few qualms, due to the color of the place, some rather gaudy signs, and the vacancy ratio as compared with the rest of the area motels. But I really had no choice. So I settled in for the duration of the holiday weekend until the local locksmith could obtain the secret pin codes necessary to make a key that would at least start my engine.
Amazingly, I was impressed with my accommodations. The room was quite large and very clean. I did have an ocean view and yes, there were some roof tops and power lines that were included in the view as the motel is about 2 blocks from the ocean. However, the large picture window was great, with 2 sections that fully opened to hear and smell the soothing tides . The bed was fairly comfortable-----certainly not uncomfortable. The linens were clean. The bedspreads were somewhat faded but not dirty. The blankets did not have any holes and were also clean. The bathroom was extremely clean, although no hair dryer or shampoo items were provided. There was a small refrigerator and a micro wave------both quite clean and operating.
I was strongly advised that my dog should never be left unattended in the room.
And I was aware that were other dogs staying there-------but I never heard one bark or whine.
In fact, I found The Dublin to be very quiet and secure. I was somewhat amused at the really cheap wall decor. Everything else was pretty good quality. A few really nice paintings or photos would have really spiffied up the room.
After 3 comfortable nights at decreasing rates , I was up and running again, and had to bid fair-well to The Dublin. And as I drove off, the manager, Carol, was posting a small red and white plastic sign out on the highway that read "$39.00/night". Now that's a value deal------especially considering the lovely location and the fact that The Dublin is not the dump that some of these reviews have indicated. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lifedancer1946
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Alsi Resort
Alsi Resort
#3 of 3 in Waldport

Been to The Dublin House Motel? Share your experiences!