“Great atmosphere- food is very variable.”
Review of The Drift Inn

The Drift Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a unique, fun and cozy place to dine for any meal! With umbrella's on the ceiling, local art on the walls and music every night, you will be hard pressed to find anything like us. Come visit and try many of our locally derived and delicious culinary concoctions.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times. Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it is not too good. They have good vegetarian and vegan choices and good microbrews on tap. The food can be great or so so. We had a good lunch this time but breakfast - which they say is served until 2 was not good at all. They said they couldn't make me over easy eggs on my eggs any style breakfast because it was after 11 and the scrambled eggs they served me were cold and old.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We always eat here, several times in fact, when we do our annual holiday retreat at the Overleaf Spa and lodge. The service is friendly and quick, the food fresh and well-prepared. The fish and chips, pad thai, pacific chicken burger, ceviche tacos were all good choices. The presentation is casual but inviting. The pacific chicken burger was fabulous! Desert and coffee were good too. Good value and a pleasant, dependable choice.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were a group of 15 eating here on a Tuesday night. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. The service was great and they were extremely accommodating.
My husband and son-in-law said the crab cakes were the the best they've ever had.
The seafood chowder was delicious. All of the appetizers were great. A couple ordered the biggest hamburger I've ever seen (pretty juicy too)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

There were no other choices in Yachats and we didn't want to drive 45 minutes to Florence so we fortunately stumbled into the Drift Inn. It's a step back in time to the 70's. A Chet Atkins type was strumming the guitar in the far corner, every table was filled, so we sat at the bar and waited for a table. This was the end of November and the place was comfortably crowded. I'm a beer guy. I had the Spruce Tip Ale and it was great. It's local unfilterd American Brown Ale. My sweetheart had Coeur de Terre Pinot Noir and she swooned at the first sip. Next came dinner. After a perfect oyster shot I had a seafood stew that was one of the bast I had ever eaten, She had the grilled flat iron steak salad and continued to swoon. We finished a marionberry cobbler covered with vanilla bean ice cream. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I can finally say that I had a good dining experience at The Drift Inn. We went in for breakfast and it was not busy, so we got attentive service with a smile. The menu is large with everything from healthy choices to not so healthy choices. The opinions were varied among our group about whether the food was awesome or just average. No major complaints though.