“Great Value And Million Dollar Views At The Fireside Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fireside Motel

Fireside Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
San Rafael, California
“Great Value And Million Dollar Views At The Fireside Motel”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We spent several days touring the Oregon Coast. We happened upon The Fireside Motel while looking for a place to stay near Yachats. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and efficient making check-in easy.

We were given an ocean front room on the second floor. The room itself was clean and comfortable. The views were fantastic!! In fact I can't imagine having a room with better views.

The Fireside Motel was a wonderful find on The Oregon Coast. We can't wait to return to those spectacular views.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Portland, OR
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This motel is a gem. We stopped on a whim and ended up staying two nights. The location is perfect, just outside of town with the best oceanfront views in town. The rates are reasonable. Both the room and service were great. The front desk staff are very friendly and make you feel like a valued guest. Be sure to take in the sunset right out your back door, check out the tide pools and walk the coast trail. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Fireside a few times. Although it is not the fanciest place, it is located in the most beautiful spot in Yachats and seems to be a good value. On our latest trip, we made last minute reservations over Memorial Day weekend. Our room on the first night was ok, but had a view of the parking lot. This was fine, because we had made our reservations so close to the holiday.
We talked to the staff at the front desk, and they said we could switch to an oceanview unit the following day. They were very nice and accommodating. We did switch rooms and everything was fine until I went to change clothes the evening after we changed rooms. I realized that I had left 3 pieces of costly Eileen Fisher clothing hanging on the door of the bathroom when we left the first room.
I called the front desk, but they said nothing had been turned in. When we checked out the following day, I left a note with the front desk. I also emailed the hotel a couple of days after we returned home, and the manager called and said they hadn't found my clothing, which was about $450 in value. Since things like that don't disappear, someone had to have taken them.
I did not feel that the management and staff took responsibility for this loss, and I would just say to anyone booking a room here to not leave anything of value in your room. I know that you don't leave cameras and computers laying around, but I am surprised that you have to watch your clothing, too!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I made my reservation and then read all the reviews. I can't believe people had issues with The Fireside Motel. I was travelling with my husband and our 2 large dogs and my sister. Yes, the balcony isn't quite private. our neighbors had dogs and my dogs are barkers. That was remedied by putting up a sheet so our dogs couldn't see each other...problem solved. Other than talking to them when we first arrived and the sun was setting, we didn't even see or hear them again and we never did see the people on the other side. We left the door open all night and had no qualms about doing so. The 3 sunsets we watched were breathtaking, the waves crashing on the rocks so relaxing and we even got to see a whale on our last morning. The 804 trail leads south to the Adobe and north to the beaches. Wonderful for walking the dogs. The town is quaint with several good restaurants, I recommend the Drift Inn. The Adobe was okay, with okay service and the Roca Mar just average, with not so good service.
There is a lot to do in the towns that dot the coast. Definitely a trip that won't be forgotten!! And I will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stay at the Fireside each time we visit the Or. coast. Enjoy each time and look forward to returning. Right on the ocean with great views and pounding surf.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed here with a family of four (boys ages 9 and 11) and our black lab for a night over Memorial Day weekend. I was really happy with the friendly service at the front desk, the cleanliness of the room and the location right on the ocean. Even with the doors and windows shut (it was chilly) you could hear the crash of the surf as you fell asleep. The room was an excellent size for the four of us with the dog - we had one son sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag and there was still plenty of room. The rooms were updated and clean and came with a small fridge and microwave. The back door opens onto a small deck which overlooks a twenty foot swath of grass and then the seaside path and then some lovely rocks perfect for clambering and watching the sunset. All the other guests were super considerate about their dogs and I did not see dog poop anywhere. Yachats is a lovely town and Cape Perpetua is stunning. We would go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
South Africa
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We just drove from Seattle to San Francisco, and this motel surely had the most stunning position of any of the 8 or so places we stayed.

Check in was efficient, rooms roomy (if a bit dated) and comfortable.But by far the best thing were the views and walks just outside the rooms. Absolutely breathtaking and makes the Fireside a must stay motel.

No breakfast or pool, but there is free wireless internet, and it's less than a mile into Yachats, a really neat town!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!