“Amazing location and very nice basic large room!”
Review of Fireside Motel

Fireside Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
King William, Virginia
“Amazing location and very nice basic large room!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Do not be afraid! The price is amazing! The beds are good. We found the room large and quite adequate for our needs. Seriously, the focus is the beach! The ocean sounds lulled us to sleep and the ocean called us every morning. The location is amazing! We did not check out the Overleaf, but the beach is exactly the same. The office people at the Fireside were so sweet and the gift shop was great!
Go to the Drift Inn for dinner or breakfast! It was amazing! Great drinks and wonderful seafood!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZGlass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Fireside,just before the 4th of July. I had planned on staying at the Overleaf, next door. But the price at the Fireside was much more budget friendly.
We had a king bed with fireplace, and a killer ocean front view! The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice.
I did walk over to the Overleaf , and it is a very nice hotel. But if you are on a budget the Fireside is a very nice choice. And you still get the same great ocean view .

There is easy excess to nice walking trail along the ocean.Which leads to the Adobe hotel on one end and a nice beach on the other.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pita430
vangruna
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here over a 3 day weekend for our anniversary and it was fabulous. We had a fantastic oceanview room with a king bed and a fireplace. It was extremely quiet, we loved having the DVD player in the room and brought movies with us to watch. They are very economically friendly and provided recyclying containers. We ordered a salami/cheese tray and it was delicious. The mini-fridge and microwave were a great addition to the room. The hotel was very clean and very comfortable, we will definately be back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vangruna
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We booked into the Fireside for a little Memorial Day fun, bringing along our two beagles. The hotel is very pet friendly, even offering little kits to help you keep your dogs clean while visiting. We stayed two nights, one in a last minute room above the more noisy lobby and the other in a fireplace room with an ocean view. Both rooms were clean and well kept, even if they were more budget focused. The views of the Pacific the second night were excellent, and our two dogs seemed quite comfortable to be at the hotel. If we have to dogs in tow next time we are down that way we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Everyone was genuinely friendly and the one "problem" we encountered (TV remote was missing) was resolved in minutes. The room was clean, had a mini fridge and microwave, and a decent view of the ocean. (We had an "Oceanview" room -- I'd pay the extra few dollars for a an ocean front room if/when I return...and if I were there for more than one night.) The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and spacious, and included two comfortable upholstered chairs.

This is right on a wonderfully rocky stretch of the Oregon coast, and the waves just pound on the shore....great to fall asleep to.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cdth
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read and was not disappointed. My room was steps away from the Pacific Ocean and the view was breathtaking. There is easy access to walking paths and lots of places to get close and explore the tidepools. The time of year was wonderful too as I only experienced one short rain shower and blue skies the rest of my stay which was 3 days. The staff were very accomodating, around when needed and also appropriately invisible. The hotel itself was clean and well managed. It is, however, an older "motel" so do not expect 4 star accommodations. The rooms with balconies are plentiful but the balconies themselves were not private. Instead balconies were seperated by a low wall with wire fencing. I found this to be the only disappointment as I would have liked to sit out on the balcony without my neighbors coming out and chatting in my ear. The bed was comfortable and the room good sized. I paid $110 a night for an ocean view and believe I got every pennies worth. Lastly, I love they are pet friendly and lots of folks brought their dogs. This part of the Oregon Coast is very dog friendly. I did not have my dog with me this trip but will bring him next time. The attached pictures are both from walks I took along the provided trails. The sunset picture was taken less than 100 yards from the hotel.

• Liked — Access to the ocean
  • Disliked — non private balconies
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sbouwman
Leesburg,FL
Reviewed October 8, 2008

This was our first stop on the coast and walking into the room, seeing the water, took ones breath way. The view is absolutely beautiful. While some of the furnishing seemed old, everything was very clean and maintained. The sofa in front of the fireplace was great and added to the coastal feel. What fun walking around the tide pools which were easily accessible. Breakfast at Green Salmon is a must and their lattes are fabulous. Based on recommendations, we ate at The Adobe - not good. Would suggest Yachats River House. For the price, Fireside can't be beat!

• Liked — The fabulous view & fireplace.
  • Disliked — Liked everything!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#4 of 11 in Yachats
The Dublin House Motel
The Dublin House Motel
#9 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!