“Great location along shoreline with nice walking trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fireside Motel

Fireside Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Southern California
“Great location along shoreline with nice walking trails”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Fireside Motel is in a great shoreline location. The coast is at the end of the parking lot and many rooms have a view of the ocean. You can hear the surf at night. There is a nice path right at the motel along the shore where you can walk or run. The rocky coast is very nice. The room was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fireside Motel for your stay in Yachats. Listening to the sounds of the pounding surf on the rocky coastline for many guests is the perfect way to fall asleep at night. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have been to this place NUMEROUS times. I have tried some others…I don't like the Adobe…the Silver Surf, well, I wish I could say I liked it better because the owner is really great. The nice thing about the Silver Surf is that they allow more than two dogs and when we had three, we went there. But the Fireside is where I go now that one of the dogs died and we have only 2. I love the balconies, ALTHOUGH..I do wish the railings weren't exactly at eye height when you sit in the chairs on it. I always choose a fireplace because I love sitting there with the fireplace "roaring" and the waves crashing outside. The amenities other than that aren't too much: no pool, no restaurant. They have started a small continental breakfast, but that isn't much. A small thing I like is that their glasses and cups in the room are real, not plastic. The rooms are very clean, especially when you consider how many dogs have been through them :)! The entire hotel is SMOKE FREE!! Excellent place. Last time I was there was on my third "honeymoon."

Room Tip: "Oceanview" rooms are on the side of the building and are pretty much regular motel rooms...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly C
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
What a fabulous compliment! We love hearing from our guests and the fact that we are your "favorite place on the Oregon Coast" shows us that we are doing a great job. One of our oceanfront fireplace rooms is a perfect way to spend one of these cold Winter nights enjoying a breathtaking view of the Pacific. Thank you for telling us about your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Jacksonvile, Or
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I should rate this 5 stars but I'm always looking for something even LESS expensive, fancier, with more amenities and freebies. For about $100 a night we got a wonderful room with king size bed, within feet of the crashing ocean surf, a fireplace, clean, friendly staff, way off the road,spacious, wifi and tv. What a deal! We never heard neighbors thru the walls and the ocean walks are beyond description. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank John H
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fireside. Our oceanfront fireplace rooms are a great way to spend a winter night here in Yachats (or any other night for that matter). We hope to see you again soon and earn that 5 star review!
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My 84-year-old mother and I had a lovely coastal getaway, staying at the Fireside for the first time. We took advantage of an off-season special, a price we could afford comfortably, and did not have the ocean view from our room. The crashing waves, however, were an easy walk away, even for my mother with her walking stick. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations, including a fridge and a towel shaped into a Dungeness crab, and with the nice breakfast offerings in the lobby. And while we don't have a pet at this time, it was heaven to be surrounded by happy dogs. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get an ocean view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the lovely compliments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! The 804 trail is a wonderful place to meander along the coastline and enjoy the amazing view and crashing waves. We hope to see you again soon here at the Fireside!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, and both times have marveled at the view. The waves crash against the rocks right off of the balcony.

We stayed on the second floor both times. The rooms are nice and roomy with wood ceilings and cozy fireplaces. I liked having the bar-height table and chairs for an uninterrupted view of the ocean.

It's always nice to be able to bring our dog. An old postal/commerce trail snakes along between the hotel and the ocean and is perfect for dog walks.

I recommend The Fireside.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SleepyChunk
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We are very pleased you have enjoyed both of your stays with us here at the Fireside and certainly hope to see you soon for a third visit. The 804 trail is a fabulous place for owner and dog to enjoy the the Oregon Coastline. Thank you for the review and we will keep working hard to make the Fireside Motel your destination of choice in Yachats!
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The crashing waves of the stormy Pacific Ocean are on full display from your room in this charming facility. Any time to watch the waves is a good time BUT the best time is the winter. Most of the rooms have a fireplace and are very comfortable. The staff are very welcoming and a feature of your stay is fresh continental breakfast that is homemade. Try the delicious muffins, they're a real treat. The hotel is on the Oregon Beach Trail which goes for miles in each direction. A perfect morning or evening walk. While there is no dining room on the premises the Adobe Resort dining room is less than three blocks away.
Don't miss this delightful place when travelling in Oregon. Better yet make it a destination you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fire place on the second floor if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fireside. Winter is definitely a great time to see some crashing waves, and with the storms this past week it has been fantastic. We hope to see you again soon!
Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my first visit to this town and this motel. I was there for two nights, 1/30 and 1/31. The staff was very friendly. My room had two queens and was VERY spacious. It would have easily accommodated three rollaway beds if needed. They are very thoughtful about your pet needs. My first floor room had its own balcony and I was about 30 feet from the 804 which is a wonderful walking and biking trail, suitable for humans and pets. My dog particularly loved being able to go out onto the balcony. I would recommend this and I'll be visiting it again!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get the oceanfront room. You will be glad you did!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katskia
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are pleased to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us. "Restored and Rejuvenated" is exactly how we like our guests to feel after and during their stay here at the Fireside. With the amazing weather we have been having the sunsets have been spectacular, and an oceanfront room is a great way to enjoy them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!