“Spectacular setting at a great price”
Review of Fireside Motel

Fireside Motel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I should rate this 5 stars but I'm always looking for something even LESS expensive, fancier, with more amenities and freebies. For about $100 a night we got a wonderful room with king size bed, within feet of the crashing ocean surf, a fireplace, clean, friendly staff, way off the road,spacious, wifi and tv. What a deal! We never heard neighbors thru the walls and the ocean walks are beyond description. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank John H
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fireside. Our oceanfront fireplace rooms are a great way to spend a winter night here in Yachats (or any other night for that matter). We hope to see you again soon and earn that 5 star review!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My 84-year-old mother and I had a lovely coastal getaway, staying at the Fireside for the first time. We took advantage of an off-season special, a price we could afford comfortably, and did not have the ocean view from our room. The crashing waves, however, were an easy walk away, even for my mother with her walking stick. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations, including a fridge and a towel shaped into a Dungeness crab, and with the nice breakfast offerings in the lobby. And while we don't have a pet at this time, it was heaven to be surrounded by happy dogs. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get an ocean view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the lovely compliments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! The 804 trail is a wonderful place to meander along the coastline and enjoy the amazing view and crashing waves. We hope to see you again soon here at the Fireside!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed here twice, and both times have marveled at the view. The waves crash against the rocks right off of the balcony.

We stayed on the second floor both times. The rooms are nice and roomy with wood ceilings and cozy fireplaces. I liked having the bar-height table and chairs for an uninterrupted view of the ocean.

It's always nice to be able to bring our dog. An old postal/commerce trail snakes along between the hotel and the ocean and is perfect for dog walks.

I recommend The Fireside.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SleepyChunk
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We are very pleased you have enjoyed both of your stays with us here at the Fireside and certainly hope to see you soon for a third visit. The 804 trail is a fabulous place for owner and dog to enjoy the the Oregon Coastline. Thank you for the review and we will keep working hard to make the Fireside Motel your destination of choice in Yachats!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The crashing waves of the stormy Pacific Ocean are on full display from your room in this charming facility. Any time to watch the waves is a good time BUT the best time is the winter. Most of the rooms have a fireplace and are very comfortable. The staff are very welcoming and a feature of your stay is fresh continental breakfast that is homemade. Try the delicious muffins, they're a real treat. The hotel is on the Oregon Beach Trail which goes for miles in each direction. A perfect morning or evening walk. While there is no dining room on the premises the Adobe Resort dining room is less than three blocks away.
Don't miss this delightful place when travelling in Oregon. Better yet make it a destination you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fire place on the second floor if available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fireside. Winter is definitely a great time to see some crashing waves, and with the storms this past week it has been fantastic. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my first visit to this town and this motel. I was there for two nights, 1/30 and 1/31. The staff was very friendly. My room had two queens and was VERY spacious. It would have easily accommodated three rollaway beds if needed. They are very thoughtful about your pet needs. My first floor room had its own balcony and I was about 30 feet from the 804 which is a wonderful walking and biking trail, suitable for humans and pets. My dog particularly loved being able to go out onto the balcony. I would recommend this and I'll be visiting it again!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get the oceanfront room. You will be glad you did!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katskia
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

We are pleased to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us. "Restored and Rejuvenated" is exactly how we like our guests to feel after and during their stay here at the Fireside. With the amazing weather we have been having the sunsets have been spectacular, and an oceanfront room is a great way to enjoy them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I will qualify this review in that I chose a lower rate room, and I booked online, so I believe I was given one of the worst rooms in the hotel. The room itself was comfortable and clean and the hotel is filled with dog owners, a bonus when traveling with pets. They provide sheets and towels for the dogs, which helps keep things cleaner. I appreciated the microwave and little refrigerator in the room.

The negatives: the room shared a wall with the office, so at about 5:30 am I could hear all employee conversations, a few taking place outside of my door, making morning sleep impossible. This made me particularly grumpy since my room also had a small window in the back without a blind, allowing the perfectly positioned parking lot lamp to illuminate my room all night long…. so I didn't sleep. I could see the motel had several other nice rooms, and some in the same price range. If I stay here again I will call and request one of the better rooms, definitely nothing close to the office. Dogs are an additional $12 each per night, so factor that into your total price. Also, this is not a hotel I would stay at without dogs.

Room Tip: Stay away from the office
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Verbenimus

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Fireside. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay as we wish all of our guests would. When it comes to the noise issue I certainly apologize. We do not actually have staff in the office area until 6:45 am, so it may have possibly been another room. If in the future you have issues such as these we do have an on call manager available anytime, please do not hesitate to call. We will always do our best to try and make each and every guests stay with us enjoyable.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a summertime trip to the coast. Very dog friendly hotel. We have 2 labradors that go just about everywhere with us. We love to hike and bike, and play disc golf. The dogs would have been fine in the back of our truck, but here they can hang out with you in your room.
Nice views from the room. We even saw a whale from our back door when there last. Trails right behind the hotel. The town of Yachats two miles down the road for shopping or food.

The reason for only 4 stars is the rooms are little worn out. Still very nice, but I just couldn't give it a five star rating.
Prices are fair also.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Yachats and got to enjoy some of our fantastic trails in the area. There are many different hiking trails within just a couple of miles of us ranging in difficulty for all to enjoy. During summer months we have many whale sightings, which is very exciting! We hope to see you and your labs again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#9 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!