“Great coast escape”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Eugene, Oregon
“Great coast escape”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, and both times have marveled at the view. The waves crash against the rocks right off of the balcony.

We stayed on the second floor both times. The rooms are nice and roomy with wood ceilings and cozy fireplaces. I liked having the bar-height table and chairs for an uninterrupted view of the ocean.

It's always nice to be able to bring our dog. An old postal/commerce trail snakes along between the hotel and the ocean and is perfect for dog walks.

I recommend The Fireside.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SleepyChunk
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We are very pleased you have enjoyed both of your stays with us here at the Fireside and certainly hope to see you soon for a third visit. The 804 trail is a fabulous place for owner and dog to enjoy the the Oregon Coastline. Thank you for the review and we will keep working hard to make the Fireside Motel your destination of choice in Yachats!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The crashing waves of the stormy Pacific Ocean are on full display from your room in this charming facility. Any time to watch the waves is a good time BUT the best time is the winter. Most of the rooms have a fireplace and are very comfortable. The staff are very welcoming and a feature of your stay is fresh continental breakfast that is homemade. Try the delicious muffins, they're a real treat. The hotel is on the Oregon Beach Trail which goes for miles in each direction. A perfect morning or evening walk. While there is no dining room on the premises the Adobe Resort dining room is less than three blocks away.
Don't miss this delightful place when travelling in Oregon. Better yet make it a destination you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fire place on the second floor if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fireside. Winter is definitely a great time to see some crashing waves, and with the storms this past week it has been fantastic. We hope to see you again soon!
Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my first visit to this town and this motel. I was there for two nights, 1/30 and 1/31. The staff was very friendly. My room had two queens and was VERY spacious. It would have easily accommodated three rollaway beds if needed. They are very thoughtful about your pet needs. My first floor room had its own balcony and I was about 30 feet from the 804 which is a wonderful walking and biking trail, suitable for humans and pets. My dog particularly loved being able to go out onto the balcony. I would recommend this and I'll be visiting it again!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get the oceanfront room. You will be glad you did!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katskia
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are pleased to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us. "Restored and Rejuvenated" is exactly how we like our guests to feel after and during their stay here at the Fireside. With the amazing weather we have been having the sunsets have been spectacular, and an oceanfront room is a great way to enjoy them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I will qualify this review in that I chose a lower rate room, and I booked online, so I believe I was given one of the worst rooms in the hotel. The room itself was comfortable and clean and the hotel is filled with dog owners, a bonus when traveling with pets. They provide sheets and towels for the dogs, which helps keep things cleaner. I appreciated the microwave and little refrigerator in the room.

The negatives: the room shared a wall with the office, so at about 5:30 am I could hear all employee conversations, a few taking place outside of my door, making morning sleep impossible. This made me particularly grumpy since my room also had a small window in the back without a blind, allowing the perfectly positioned parking lot lamp to illuminate my room all night long…. so I didn't sleep. I could see the motel had several other nice rooms, and some in the same price range. If I stay here again I will call and request one of the better rooms, definitely nothing close to the office. Dogs are an additional $12 each per night, so factor that into your total price. Also, this is not a hotel I would stay at without dogs.

Room Tip: Stay away from the office
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Verbenimus
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Fireside. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay as we wish all of our guests would. When it comes to the noise issue I certainly apologize. We do not actually have staff in the office area until 6:45 am, so it may have possibly been another room. If in the future you have issues such as these we do have an on call manager available anytime, please do not hesitate to call. We will always do our best to try and make each and every guests stay with us enjoyable.
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a summertime trip to the coast. Very dog friendly hotel. We have 2 labradors that go just about everywhere with us. We love to hike and bike, and play disc golf. The dogs would have been fine in the back of our truck, but here they can hang out with you in your room.
Nice views from the room. We even saw a whale from our back door when there last. Trails right behind the hotel. The town of Yachats two miles down the road for shopping or food.

The reason for only 4 stars is the rooms are little worn out. Still very nice, but I just couldn't give it a five star rating.
Prices are fair also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Yachats and got to enjoy some of our fantastic trails in the area. There are many different hiking trails within just a couple of miles of us ranging in difficulty for all to enjoy. During summer months we have many whale sightings, which is very exciting! We hope to see you and your labs again soon!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A really nice place to bring your dog. You aren't shuffled off to some crappy building - their best rooms are pet friendly! You won't confuse the place with the Ritz-Carlton, but the rooms are nice and spacious. I didn't give the "excellent" rating for two reasons - some scrapes and broken trim pieces that Maintenance should have taken care of, and the fact that our room had a tube TV that was kind of distorted at times. I commented to my wife that it was funny to see a Black Friday ad on this dinosaur for a 32" flat screen TV that cost less than our room rate.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are bigger. Fireplace rooms are on the second floor, non-fireplace on the first flo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank partsman_ba
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Our oceanfront rooms are indeed pet friendly, and we hope your pet enjoyed their stay along with you! We are always working on property upgrades along with regular maintenance. I will make sure our maintenance department is aware of the scrapes and broken trim you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon.
Prineville, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We spent two nights at the Fireside, along with our dog. My husband uses a wheelchair so we appreciate the availability of an accessible room AND having it designated as a pet room. The first floor rooms have a small balcony area that's safe to let the dog out on so he can enjoy the fresh air and flirt with passing pooches. We received a pet pack upon check-in with a towel to wipe dirty paws, a sheet to put on the furniture and pooper scoop bags - very nice. We love the view from the room, and the paved trail just outside the motel is great for walking our dog and exploring others parts of the coastline. And, you can't beat the price!

Room Tip: We've only stayed on the first floor, and the views from all the ocean front rooms are gorgeous.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us Denise. The Fireside is definitely a great place to bring your dog, and we are glad you like our "pet pack". We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#4 of 11 in Yachats
The Dublin House Motel
The Dublin House Motel
#9 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!