“Crashing waves right outside your door!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed at the Overleaf for 4 nights in May. We were delighted to see that our sunset suite is directly on the Oregon Coastal Trail with sliding glass doors that look out directly on the ocean and crashing waves – within a very short walk, there is a bench where you can sit and watch your very own blow-hole of water! The setting is so magnificent that I felt I could stay right at the lodge and have no need to visit other places in the area. We had one of the spacious sunset suites with a gas fireplace, patio, kitchen, a bedroom and a convertible couch. It was very comfortable for my husband and I as well as a friend.
I would go out at dawn and dusk to see the ocean and the light, we walked the Coastal Trail at different times of the day, and went into Yachats for lunch and dinner. We did tear ourselves away to drive Yachats Ocean Loop road, visit Cape Perpetua and make a half day trip to Old Florence and the sand dunes of Honeyman State Park.

The breakfast was quite good, with fresh fruit, freshly baked goods, hot & cold cereals with assorted toppings, yogurt, and rotating hot dishes. The front desk staff are very friendly.

So, if you are looking for a great place to simply enjoy the Oregon coast or to use as a base for exploring this section of the coast, the Overleaf is a great choice!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Journeyer
Packer-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I take your accolades of the Overleaf Lodge with highest regard as obviously you are an expert traveler. I am not sure I have run across anyone with 332 forum posts (from at least 4 continents!) and approaching 100 photos posted on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed the ocean front trail so much. It is a gem of an amenity for all of our guests. From reading your forum posts, I also see you explored a considerable portion of the Cape Perpetua Natural Area just a few miles south of the Overleaf Lodge. I consider this our own little ‘National Park.’
Thanks again for your kind comments and I hope that you return to this side of the continent!
541-330-1286

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is our absolute favorite place to run away to. Every room has a spectacular view of the ocean. The spa is amazing. The free breakfast is delicious - and WAY more than cold cereal and bananas! They make their own granola & serve fresh fruit & gourmet hot items as well. Be sure to visit the soaking pool in the spa for the best view of the Pacific. The only thing I can deduct for is one point for not having a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed. =) My bed of choice. Other than that - a perfect 10 all the way around. A wonderful place to retreat to!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamiStackelhouse
Packer-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Thank you for your nice comments and we are so glad that this is your ‘absolute favorite place to run away to.’ I will pass on your accolades about our breakfast and spa to our staff in those departments. I think our spa is our best kept secret as maybe ¼ of our guests even visit it. Where else on the entire Oregon coast can you soak in perfect tranquility while watching the waves crash on the rocks below just a stone’s throw from the spa? And many of our guests do not even take advantage of this included amenity!?!?
Selecting the perfect bed is a complex conundrum that we have as hotel owners. The right bed is so individualistic that we cannot perfectly accommodate everyone’s desires. I have heard of hotels that have completely refitted their beds to Tempur-Pedic beds then to turn around 6 months later to switch back to more traditional high-quality beds because they got so many complaints about the Tempur-Pedic beds. Some people just love them; others just can't get used to them. We are currently replacing many of our older beds with Sealy Monogram 800 plush beds. These beds include a memory foam layer and provide luxurious comfort and enhanced pressure relief with a soft, plush top. Perhaps you could request a room with these new beds during your next stay and let us know if they meet your standards.
Thanks again and we will keep doing our best to serve you in your ‘favorite place to run away to!”

Reviewed May 6, 2010

For my first vacation in years, this was exactly the place to be. The ocean views are spectacular, the walk along the rocks both peaceful and interesting (a wide range of flora along the trail and the immense basalt rocks provide many curiosities), and the staff here at Overleaf Lodge absolutely The BEST! Everyone here has been pleasant, friendly, smiling, going out of their way to make our stay a delight. The accomodations are comfortable and the spa is one-of-a-kind. Being able to have a leisurely soak while gazing at sun-drenched breakers is dreamlike. The relaxaing massage and the facial were out of this world. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

We are so happy that we were able to help make your long awaited vacation ‘exquisite.’ Soaking in that spa tub looking out at the ocean is indeed ‘dreamlike.’ We hope that you don’t have to wait ‘years’ for your next vacation! Thank you for your kind comments and I will pass this on to our entire staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I just returned from the Overleaf with our 5 and 2 year old. We had a very relaxing stay with wonderful weather. We stayed in the Whale watcher which is the cheapest of rooms. It is very comfortable, and has plenty of space. Rooms are very clean. There is a small kitchenette with micro, sink, and fridge. The tide pools in front are good for exploring, and theres also a nice walk into town you can do from the rooms. I also love the spa, this time I just went up for a quick steam, but they have good massages and an oceanfront warm pool and spa. Great breakfasts too!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We do our very best to serve all of our guests, whether single, romantic couples or families. We have something for everyone. My kids just love exploring the rocks and tidepools. They have their favorite agate hunting grounds, one of which is right in front of the Overleaf Lodge – if the tides are right and the sand has not shifted too much. I hope you will get to soak in the oceanfront hot and warm pools the next time you stay – the pools are a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the spectacular ocean views.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Oregon on a very last minute vacation. When we arrived in Oregon we did not even have any accommodations arranged. We decided to travel from Cannon beach and down the coast. We called the Overleaf the same day that we planned to arrive there and they were able to give us a room. We went to the room for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious and clean and it had the most stunning view. The staff was very kind and helpful. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the lobby very much. This was our first trip to Oregon and we cannot wait to come back. We would love to stay at the Overleaf again. I plan to come back this year to celebrate my 40th birthday.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that we helped make your first trip to Oregon so great that you are planning to come back on your 40th birthday. Thank you for your nice comments and I will pass them on to our staff. Make sure you take advantage of our spa the next time you stay. The spa amenities are included in your stay with us and are another highlight of the Overleaf Lodge!
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed April 28, 2010

We booked a romantic room here for our honeymoon months in advance. Two days before our stay we recieved a call from the lodge. They would not be able to give us the room we had reserved for some mysterious reason. The only alternatives were a regular room or a two bedroom suite, neither were the romantic setting we were looking for. Since it was Valentines Day there were no other alternatives but to take the regular room. To the lodge's credit they gave us a discount on the room and a certificate for a free stay. The certificate expires in only 4 or 5 months though and my husband is deploying to Iraq. Either way you can't get back that lost moment in time... Very Disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andreastravels
Packer-Drew, operator at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2010

We apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that we did not meet this guest’s expectation. We ‘fall’ occasionally and do our best to make up for not living up to our reputation. We extended the gift certificate’s expiration date to December 31, 2012, so that they can return to the Overleaf Lodge when her husband returns from Iraq. If needed, we can extend the date even further. We had no idea that there was a conflict with the free stay certificate. While we treasure all of our guests, we most highly honor those who serve our country so that we have the freedoms to live as we all do now.

drew@overleaflodge.com

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed one night during weekend tour of coast. This is a really nice small hotel/spa. We travel with a 4 year old and they only put small kids on the ground floor, which I love. It's nice to be in a place made for relaxation that cares about the environment they provide. The hotel lobby area is very relaxing and comfortable. It felt like you should be sitting around and enjoying every min of your stay. The rooms are a great size and very clean. They could use some new beds and bedding, probably original from when it opened. The ground floor opened to a patio with access to the walking trail and water, and had a great view.
Wasn't able to use the spa area, maybe next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Packer-Drew, operator at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2010

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to relax - especially with a 4 year-old. I know how hard it can be to relax with a child bouncing off the walls. Relaxation and rejuvenation are two of the great qualities our guests experience at the Overleaf Lodge with the ocean waves lulling away stresses.

I apologize that your sleep quality was not up to your expectations. New beds are being delivered in the next two weeks and should be in place by mid-May. I hope that you will stay with us again - next time with the perfect sleep quality too!

Thank you for staying with us!
Drew Roslund, Overleaf Lodge
drew@overleaflodge.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#6 of 11 in Yachats
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!