Overleaf Lodge & Spa
$79
Adobe Resort(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$112
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$84
Fireside Motel(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotels.com
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
1,445 results
All reviewssoaking poolrestless waterssteam roomgranolaoregon coastsunset suiteaveda productshot tubthird floorcrashing wavessconesquicheegg disheswindow seatoverlooking the oceanfresh fruiton the rocks
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I am currently writing this review from a 3rd floor oceanview "Restless Waters" room at the Overleaf Lodge. Two more nights to go in our 3 night stay, and we'd be happy to stay a lot longer.

We arrived last night a bit tired and frazzled after a long drive, the last hour of which was dark and rainy. Our arrival was met by friendly and professional Joan, and we got exactly the type of room and floor we had been promised. Joan gave us a thorough overview of the amenities before sending us off to our room.

Our oceanfront room was super-clean, spacious, and featured an extra-deep jacuzzi tub in an elevated bay window opening to the ocean. We also got a lovely balcony where we spent hours today watching and listening to the waves crash on the rocks while sipping some (great) local wine. We'd definitely recommend the Restless Waters room type, it makes for a very special stay -- ask for the 3rd (top) floor for the best view and no noise from above.

The room also has a counter with sink, fridge, coffeemaker and microwave, plus a desk. There are guest laundry facilities on our floor.

Breakfast is continental with decent variety. Not spectacular but definitely good. There are also one or two hot dishes in a warming tray. Only (minor) area we'd suggest improving is the coffee/tea service, which is served in "pump" carafes and is not hot enough for our taste. Overleaf should consider brewpots and a better grade of coffee.

We love walking on the "804" trail that runs right along the beach in front of Overleaf. The natural beauty of this area is hard to beat, and the stay at Overleaf enhances the experience. We will look forward to returning.

Christine & Mike
New Jersey

PS. Dinner at Adobe was teriffic, and you can walk there from Overleaf. Look for whales while you're dining oceanfront...we were treated to that sight with our dinner this evening. Priceless.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMWNJ
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed three nights at the Overleaf and thoroughly enjoyed it. The views were wonderful. These three nights were the most expensive nights of our 10 night trip but was totally worth the extra money.

The staff person who checked us in was very friendly and even offered my children crayons, a coloring sheet with animals on it and pointed them in the direction of a basket full of puzzles that could be brought to the room.

The room was spacious with a nice window seat that was in constant use (one morning, we were lucky enough to see two whales outside our window. They were there all morning!). The bathroom had double sinks and included Avenda products. The shower/tub and toilet were in a separate room. The microwave and refrig were great features to have.

The only issue we had with the room was that ours had an adjoining door in it. The first night we were there, our neighbors were just talking in their regular voices and we could hear them. I asked about this at the front desk and apparently they had forgotten to put back a piece of foam that usually goes in between the two doors.

The breakfasts were very yummy. Every morning they had a different type of scone and muffin as well as a egg type dish (frittata, scrambled eggs for a breakfast burrito, strata, etc.). There was also a small assortment of cereals and granola. Fresh fruit salad, yogurt and a hot grain-type cereal were also offered. You also had the option of bringing breakfast back to your room which we did.

Yachats was quaint but very small. If you wait until 6:00 pm to go out to dinner without reservations, expect to wait a while. Also, a few of the recommended restaurants wouldn't do take out during their busy time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Mindboggled
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I just wanted to complement The Overleaf Resort and spa.

While on our yearly family vacation my in-laws stayed at the Overleaf, while us with a large dog stayed at the fireside.

Our first night in town both my husband and father-in-law got food
poisoning from the restaurant down the beach, the next morning my 72 year old father in law was still vomiting, and unable to speak and my mother in-law had to call 911, My husband and I rushed over to the Overleaf, and I was unable to enter the Overleaf with my dog, so Lisa ( I believe she is the assistant manager) had me pull our truck up into the shaded reservation parking area and she watched our dog while I went up with the EMT.
Lisa came up a few time just to let me know that the dog was doing fine, and that she would keep checking on her. Lisa was also the the first staff member to respond to my mother in-laws cries for help when she called the front desk to let them know which room had dialed 911. Lisa with her medical training was able to help my father in-law until the EMT arrived.

While we were up at the hospital in Newport, the Overleaf came in and cleaned up the room, shampooed the carpets, and when my in-laws arrived back to the hotel there were no traces of any smell.
The staff were VERY helpful during our tragic ordeal, they were all concerned of the health and well being of my father in-law. I wish I could say the same for the restaurant.

We will never stay any other place than the Overleaf and Fireside Hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank atticusinmaui
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We celebrated our 10th anniversary last year, having a wonderful stay at Overleaf Lodge. This year, going back to celebrate what should have been a happy occasion, ending up being a disaster. We had booked a room at the other property Fireside Motel, knowing that the Overleaf would be busy. Fireside was definitely not up to the standard of the Overleaf as far as cleanliness. Once there, since we rode 5 hours by motorcycle, we decided it would be a good idea to stay an extra night. Fireside did not have any rooms that we wanted, so we went over to the Overleaf. They had two rooms available...or so they said. One was a room with a patio on the first floor for one price, the other was a only a window view for a lesser price. We booked the one for the higher amount, because we definitely wanted a patio. They told us they would transfer all our stuff by noon the next day, because transfers got priority service, and they would give us a call when it was ready. Later that night we had a call from Overleaf seeing if we really wanted to move over there, or stay at the Fireside. We said no, we are definitely wanting to stay in the room we booked at Overleaf. They hung up. The next day, noon came and went, no call. We decided to just check out of Fireside and go over to Overleaf and check in. They said the room would be another hour. Leave our stuff by the desk and they would lock it up and move it to our room when it was ready. We took off, and came back 2 hours later. Saw our stuff still sitting in the lobby. Tried to check in to our room, wasn't ready yet. Almost 3 o clock by this time...they said it always is 3 o'clock before rooms are ready. Not the 12 oclock priority we were promised. Anyway, a few minutes later they personally escorted us to a room on the 2nd floor...not the room we asked for. No patio, just a window that opens. I said something about the price, and the gal said that all rooms are the same price...not what we heard the night before. We stated we did not ask for this room, and why did they not tell us there was a change, like last night. She went on about being booked for months so we were just lucky there was something available. Well, it's 3 pm, we're stuck with a room at a higher price than what was stated for less amenities, we are 5 hours from home riding a motorcycle...no comping of any sort offered our way. We got up and left, and vowed never to stay there again,

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank datraveler1
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The very first thing that I noticed opening the door to the hotel room was the amazing view from the balcony. Our room was on the third floor (of three) and facing the ocean. The ocean is literally right outside your window with only a small walking path separating it. That was probably the best thing about the Overleaf Lodge. We enjoyed taking walks along the ocean and sitting there in the morning drinking coffee.
As a hotel, the Overleaf is okay but does not leave a very lasting impression. Our room was a decent size and had a microwave, refrigerator, as well as a kitchen sink. That was nice if someone was staying for a longer time, but we did not use it in our two nights there. The room's decor was rather drab and nothing looked very new or stylish. But it was functional and clean. The whole hotel was relatively clean but I did notice some trash in the elevator as I was going up a couple of times.
We did not have any problem with the service, and all of the staff were friendly. Although one day when we got to our room, it had been cleaned but there were no towels in the bathroom.
The continental breakfast was good. They had all the usual things plus some homemade granola and scones. The scones were different each time we went for breakfast, so that was nice. And there was tea and coffee available in the lobby all day plus some leftover scones.
Overall, the Overleaf Lodge is a nice place to stay if you are panning on spending time outside. But as a hotel, its nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family