“Amazing views and a great hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing views and a great hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stopped at this hotel by chance during our road trip along the Oregon coast and boy, were we lucky to stay here.
All the (very affordable!) rooms faced the ocean and because of the beautiful weather we had, we were able to enjoy the beautiful ocean views and sunset from our balconies, enjoying a glass of wine.
The rooms were spacious and very clean.
The spa (included in the room rate) was also great, with a hot tub facing the ocean. The sauna and steam room were also very nice and very quiet.
There are many great dinner options in the area of the hotel, just a very short drive away. We really liked our lunch at Oona.
Would definitely stay again when in the area!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, great views guaranteed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We happened on this hotel en route from Portland to Redwoods National Park. We needed a room with three beds, and ended up with a very spacious room with two queens plus pullout couch and a kitchenette. The price was very reasonable, I thought, given the location and the size of, and views from, the room. Beds were super comfortable and the wall facing the ocean was almost all big windows with stunning views and a sliding glass door. The room opened up onto a little porch area and access right onto the historic 804 coastal trail. My kids and I enjoyed climbing on the rocks and walking the trail and were treated to a magnificent sunset and sunrise. The continental breakfast was very good and included fresh fruit and good variety of choices. Staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. We would have loved to stay another night had there been time. The only thing lacking was an on-site restaurant but it's only a short drive from the hotel into the downtown of Yachats where there are many options for food to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RoseBriar22
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at the Overleaf a year or so ago. This time I met my BFF there because I knew she would love it!!
The rooms are beautiful and the views can not be beat!
Breakfast is wonderful! They make their own granola wish is awesome and my favorite is the blueberry scones! They have fruit, 5 grain hot cereal, which is delicious, and different hot dishes such as biscuits and gravy, apple french toast, scrambled eggs with cheese and more!
We were there 3 mornings and enjoyed it every morning.
The one thing we did not use was the spa facilities but maybe next time!
Joanie directed us to the Adobe lounge for dinner. It was wonderful and you can walk to it!
We also went to The Drift Inn which was good.
I would recommend this place to most people, girls weekend, romantic getaway. Although I wouldn't bring a pack of kids I did see one or two well behaved children there. The feel is more peace and quiet, spa/getaway. I know they have a 'sister' hotel next door that is family friendly and dog friendly! The Fireside.
Anyway, I love, love, love this place!

Room Tip: Both times I stayed I had a good view and the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had a wonderful relaxing time in the rain. The coast,waves,air. most refreshing. Breakfast is provided with good selection and quality. Gym,Spa, Library, Computer room all are present. Staff go out of their way to be helpful. Yachats is a beautiful village on the incomparable Oregon coast.Get a ocean view room in the old section. More direct view.

1 Thank stephenf17135
Bend
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I went to the Overleaf Lodge this past weekend for a romantic get-away. It came highly recommended by a friend so we thought, we should stay there! We were given a room in the "new" section of the hotel (I think by "new" they meant "newer"). It was nice and comfortable with beautiful views and a nice balcony, a fake fireplace and a California King bed. However, for the price we paid we expected it to be a bit more luxurious. We were both a bit disappointed. I suppose our expectations were a little high given the price and reviews...but if we are going to pay that kind of money we expect to get a bit more out of it. Upon leaving they gave us a pamphlet of their "Unique Hotels", or sister hotels that we could visit (with a nice photo of a retired couple). I have to say that the sister-hotels Lodge at Suttle Lake or the Five Pines Lodge make sense to me because you definitely get luxury at that price, but not here. Bottom line: amazing location but overpriced.

1 Thank Katy V
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We are happy to know that you enjoyed our “amazing location” and enjoyed one of our “comfortable” rooms with beautiful views. It sounds like you stayed in one of our Inglenook rooms which do have gas burning fireplaces and king sized beds. Although your friends highly recommended us, we do understand that expectations widely vary and we won’t always be everyone’s ultimate getaway.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Have been staying here every year for the past 5 years or so - we come for new years because we love yachats and now we love the overleaf! very comfortably appointed rooms, sometimes we spring for the jet tub, always spring for the ocean view, that's why we are there! continental breakfast is awesome and varied. staff are friendly. gym's kinda small and crummy but I always run outside on the paths anyway. we will keep coming back!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is our home away from home. We always have an awesome time when we visit The Overleaf Lodge. The staff are always friendly. We have visited the last four years. This visit we were upgraded to room 117. We had an ocean view all around the room. It was awesome! We went through snow, rain and fog to get there but the staff made it worth it. We received a warm welcome.I will one day bring some of my friends to this precious gem. I would like to meet the owners on one of my visits to let them know how I love this place.

Room Tip: Room 117 is awesome. It has windows all around the room. Great views of the coast.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Well, after traveling through snow, rain and fog to get here, we are more than happy to welcome you to your “home away from home”. Thank you for being so willing to make the journey to visit with us. It is always a joy to have you here. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the room upgrade. Room 118 is a large, one of a kind room with a magnificent 180 degree view and has two queen beds and a patio. The Restless Waters rooms above it, 218 & 318, also have panoramic views. Although your trip didn't coincide with a visit from the owners, I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments. Thank you so much for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!