“loved it.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
portland, Or
“loved it.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We loved it at the overleaf. It was our first visit. It is not a luxury lodge but very comfortable with very good service and amazing views. The star here for us, other than the amazing views from our room and the beautiful grounds so thoughtfully done, was the Spa.

On our way in to the hotel we ended up being first responders to a fatal accident in front of the hotel. It was devestating to have the victim die as as I was praying over him and as I then tried to comfort the devestated young driver. Everything was done to save the elderly victim but he didn't make it.

We had scheduled this weekend as a much needed and overdue break from stress. I confided in the Therapist scheduled for my first service what happened because I could not relax enough for the treatment. They were amazing.

They knew of the gentleman that passed and the manager took the time to sit with me and sharewhat she knew of him which was so much appreciated. I schedule more services than intended because of my difficulty relaxing after the accident. I felt blessed that every Therapist I had was not just a Therapist but they were all compassionate healers. I entered that Spa broken and left relaxed and healed.

Also, the view from the soaking pool was first class, as well as the staff and the guests. Very friendly people. The honey body scrub with vicchy shower was amazing. Addicting. The Massages were excellent. The four layer facial was the best facial I've ever had. They also offer the repechage vita cura facial which I will try next time. The Spa is beautiful, tastfully done with relaxation in mind. Loved the beautiful rain shower. Service was excellent, professional, went above the call. I did not want to leave that spa!

We booked another stay prior to leaving and likely will make this a yearly trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We are so touched by your words and knowing how our Spa staff was able to provide you with such a healing and empathetic environment after the stress and shock of your unfortunate encounter with tragedy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
Applegate
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is everything amazing about the Oregon coast. Wonderful staff, gorgeous comfortable room and amazing view. The 804 trail is accessible right out the door, and you can start or end your day with a walk along the most beautiful coastline. The bonfire with s'mores was an unexpected treat. What can I say -I'll be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Do the balcony rooms. Totally worth it!
Green Features: Excellent - they respect their beautiful location.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We first found the Overleaf when our daughter was a toddler. We've been coming back almost yearly every since. We keep trying to find a less expensive option, but keep coming back for the value we find at the Overleaf. Very clean rooms, all ocean-facing, a nice breakfast, always-available hot drinks in the lobby, a great beach for exploring tidepools, accommodating staff...all adds up to good value. I enjoy the relaxing spa facilities, too -- sauna, steam room, large soaking tub and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. Very relaxing!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Central New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2013

From my arrival to departure (unfortunately was only there one night) was wonderful. Front desk was warm and friendly, even loaning me a flashlight when I took the walking path to dinner in case it was dark when I came back! The Aveda spa was pure bliss - had a 90 minute stress relief massage and it was wonderful! Sat on the balcony with a glass of wine enjoying the waves crashes on the rocks and later listened to them while the gas fireplace warmed up the room. HEAVEN! I wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony and fireplace!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you think that the remote, small towns of Oregon have nothing about which they can boast, think again. The Overleaf Lodge and Spa dispels all those ugly rumors. As soon as you enter the lobby, rich in driftwood, and loaded with marvelous art, you know you have found someplace unique. All the rooms face the sea, which is also unique at this place. The visitors know to check the times of high tide and find themselves awaiting breathlessly the sea to crash in against the rocks, the foam going straight up, much like a geyser, and with sounds like blow holes resonating across the area. We were lucky enough to spend three days watching whales during an August week, as the sea was filled with fish enough to feed whales.

The spa is a real work of art and people leaving after a massage have that contented look of one who has been made whole. Some just love sitting in the enormous jacuzzi which has windows overlooking the sea from the third floor.

But perhaps the high point at this resort is the spectacular breakfast served beautifully from a huge driftwood table, driftwood art on the wall, windows overlooking the sea and soft music soothing those who are lucky enough to be there. All of this includes comfortable beds in clean rooms with balconies overlooking the busy sea. (And some rooms include fireplaces!) We have been going here each year and it never changes. Check it out1

Room Tip: There are suites with two bedrooms but the rooms with king beds and fireplace are my favorite.
Green Features: The environmental mission statement of the Overleaf Lodge urges us to "optimize our use of natural resources through environmentally friendly practices."
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lombard
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon, and upon checking into our room were astounded to discover how close we were to the ocean! Literally right outside the door we could watch the tide coming in, and hear the crashing of the waves. Exactly what we hoped for! The room itself was immaculate, clean and comfortable and the public areas showcase several amazing wood and glass artwork pieces. In case you forgot your "hoodie," there are some nice items to purchase in the lobby! We will definitely return to this particular hotel on our next trip to the west coast!

Room Tip: I believe every room has an ocean view, so you really can't go wrong here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was our first trip to Overleaf. A girls weekend away. We loved everything from the peaceful surroundings both outside and inside, to the convenience of the "snack bar". The entire spa experience was fantastic including relaxing in the soaking pool and overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I received the best facial ever. The breakfast was something to look forward to each morning. All kinds of homemade goodies both sweet and savory. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The Overleaf Lodge will be #1 on my list next time we are on the Oregon coast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Everyone at the Overleaf Lodge & Spa is happy to read about the wonderful experience you had on your girl's getaway. We really appreciate knowing that we are #1 on your list for your next trip to Oregon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!