“What's Not to Love?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Overleaf exceeded our expectations, and that's saying a lot because we'd heard very good things about it. The room was incredible, the spa outstanding, the location awe-inspiring. My anti-aging facial was one of the best spa treatments I've ever had anywhere.

While in the spa, I took an interest in of their Aveda line of beauty products but I was hesitant to buy because they were pricey. No one pressured me--thank goodness, because I hate that--but instead they suggested that I come back the next morning and use their samples in place of my own products as I got ready for the day, to see how I liked them. That was a deal I couldn't refuse. Of course, they knew exactly what they were doing, haha, because in the end I plopped down a fortune on the items I liked best.

Our family especially appreciated the library/game room, because we had relatives also staying in the area and needed a place to get together where we could play a few board games and laugh and talk without worrying about bothering our neighbors. We ended up using that room for hours and a great time was had by all. They came back the next day after checkout and we all enjoyed climbing around the rocks on the waterfront.

Finally, the breakfast was astonishing, don't miss it! I almost did, but then my husband texted me and said "Get down here, you won't be sorry." He was right, I wasn't. :)

My only complaint, and it's a big one, came beforehand: The room descriptions on the website are very confusing because they don't correlate with the site's reservations page. I wasted a LOT of time trying to figure out how to reserve the type of room I wanted, and I still wasn't sure I'd gotten it right until we checked in. They need to fix that, it was very frustrating! From what I recall, I wanted a Restless Waters room, but on the reservations page it was listed as a KING FP w/ WHIRL-SO. VIEW. Good grief, what a pain.

Otherwise, we're now big fans of Overleaf and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank factnfiction

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The spa facilities are first class with options to fit everyone's needs/desires. The massage by Mary Beth will keep me coming back for more!! The special pampering I received also rid me of some aches and pains, and was soooooooo relaxing. The kindness and caring emitted by Mary Beth was "spiritually" healing in itself!!

Although we did not stay in the hotel the lobby and outdoors are gorgeous. Looks like anyone would love to stay there. Very clean and well-tended.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank namenpapa
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were booked to stay at the Fireside Motel next door. When we arrived for our three night stay, the desk clerk discovered they had made a mistake. Our reservation had been made for 2013, instead of 2012. Without hesitation, she said she would put us in an ocean-front room next door at their sister motel, the Overleaf Lodge.

The room was very large with a king bed, kitchenette, sofa, easy chair and ottoman and a first for us, a jacuzzi tub with an ocean view.

This was no ordinary continental breakfast. It was more like a hotel brunch buffet with fresh fruit, scones, several kinds of cold cereal, Bob's five grain hot cereal, and two breakfast entrees, such as a baked apple French toast and a spinach souffle.

I selected the Reviving Face and Sole facial and foot treatment at the Spa. Gail was excellent. We didn't use the spa jacuzzis because we had one in our room. We didn't use the fitness room either. It's kind of small with a very small television.

Our room was very comfortabl and clean. They provide receptacles for recycling. There's even a phone next to the toilet. We didn't have any reason to use it.

The television was not a flat screen and was small. There was a DVD player that worked.

The view to the ocean was mesmerizing. We did walk the 804 trail that runs right in front of the Lodge. It is a safe and easy walk to the ocean. Waterproof boots or shoes are advised.

The Fireside Motel has a nice gift gallery in their lobby. Some of the best art in Oregon are represented in four galleries just slightly north of the Overleaf on the left side of the highway going into Yachats. The smallest gallery was closed until Jan. 26. The one next door had an excellent selection of jewelry and other art at fair prices. The gallery next door features Bob Keller's photographs. He was there at the time and we had a nice talk about his work. The gallery on the other side had higher end and larger pieces that were absolutely beautiful. Don't miss these galleries.

The only things that could be improved in the room would be better lighting near the sofa to read by and firmer pillows.

I would highly recommend this place for a destination vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Rhensrude
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

I’m certainly glad we were able to accommodate you at the Overleaf and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you stayed in one of our Restless Waters rooms, which is definitely an excellent way to be introduced to our Lodge. We appreciate your attention to the smaller details and the fact that we have tried to go above and beyond for our guests. Currently we are in the process of upgrading the televisions in our rooms; hopefully by your next trip this will be completed. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and also your facial; I will be sure to let Gail know! Throughout the Overleaf Lodge we feature artwork by local Oregon artists and the galleries just a short walk from the Lodge should not be missed. Thank you for taking the time to review the Overleaf Lodge and Spa and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My guy and I had massages scheduled at Overleaf. ( We are local) Neither of us had ever been there. Once we were introduced into the spa and had the pleasure of using all the amenities while waiting for our massage appointments, we were hooked. We ended up booking a room for the night and continuing to enjoy the steam room, hot tub, soaking tub, sauna, and a beautiful oceanfront room. It's well worth the money to stay there! They also have a wonderful complimentary breakfast. During the off season time, they have a coupon deal on their website that offers a discount on your room if you bring in a canned food donation for each night you stay, that goes to the local food pantry for people in need. Nice!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nnan38
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Overleaf Lodge and Spa. I am so glad that you were introduced to our spa, and even more so that you enjoyed it so much! Many people may not be aware that you do not have to be a guest of the Overleaf Lodge to enjoy our spa. Anyone that books at least a one hour treatment in our spa will have access to our steam room, sauna, hot tub, and soaking tub overlooking the Pacific. Or if you call or email me by January 31, at either of the contacts below, I will mail you a ‘free day use of the spa’ pass. Make sure to like us on facebook as well for more specials, and our current canned food special is also running through March 15. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We are from Roseburg, OR. The town of Yachats is amazing even in the winter time. The Overleaf Lodge is the most beautiful place we've ever stayed at. We stayed 3 nights, 4 days there and while we were there my boyfriend and I got the couples massage and it was so amazing. We also got facials as well and that was so glorious. Were very happy to say that The Overleaf Lodge is incredible and I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms with a jacuzzi hot tub in it and a fireplace. There so awesome
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you Chelsea B for the amazing review. We absolutely love to hear when people have such a great time at the Overleaf Lodge. The town of Yachats and the Overleaf Lodge sit on a rocky coastline, with lots of tide pools, that allows for some magnificent winter storm watching. I’m pleased you were able to enjoy our spa during your stay, and a couples massage is always a great choice for a romantic trip. We appreciate the recommendation, and look forward to you coming and staying with us again!
Drew Roslund, Owner’s representative

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed over New Year's holiday weekend for the fourth consecutive year. It has a great location, nicely appointed rooms, good breakfast and a great spa. View from every room allows guests to enjoy the ocean regardless of weather or time of year. The spa was very enjoyable for its sauna, steam room and hot tub as well as excellent massage therapy. The spa staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall stay was great as usual. We'll continue to make Overleaf Lodge our place to stay on the OR coast!

Room Tip: Variety of room types--check website for one that fits your needs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

We greatly appreciate your wonderful review and for making the Overleaf your place to stay on the Oregon Coast. Indeed every room here at the Overleaf is oceanfront with what we feel is the best and closest to the ocean views on the Oregon Coast. I'm pleased that you were able to take full advantage of our spa. It certainly is relaxing to unwind in our soaking tub overlooking the pounding waves of the Pacific. We look forward to seeing you here at the Overleaf again, hopefully before the next New Year!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I went to the Overleaf New Years Eve Day. We had spa treatments both that evening and New Years Day. All services were wonderful. Our room was delightful - beautiful view of the ocean hitting the rocks, plenty of room, nice and clean. We had dinner at a locan restaurant - Ona's. It too is fabulous. We will most certainly be back to the Overleaf!!!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the ocean. We were on the 3rd floor and loved it!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

What a fantastic way to bring in the New Year with a trip to the Overleaf Lodge and Spa. I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our Lodge and took advantage of our Spa. I am also pleased that you enjoyed Ona Restaurant, but if you return next New Years, take advantage of our free all-you-can-eat buffet that we serve our guests in the Lodge’s lobby on New Years Eve! Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and we hope you can come see us again soon. Make sure you ‘like’ us on Facebook to take advantage of upcoming specials.
541-330-1286

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!