“Happy hour extravaganza”

Ona Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ona Restaurant will be closed from October 29, 2017- February 1, 2018. We hope you join us next year!! Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entree. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fireplace to chat with your friends and sip craft cocktails, regional wine and micro-brews while having a snack or full dinner. At Ona our food is carefully sourced and globally inspired.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Many great choices on the happy hour menu with generous hours and, I think, all evening on Thursday. Lots of seafood. The crab cakes are to die for!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just had Ona's Happy hour treats. It ended up being a whole meal. Great food, great service and great company. I love Ona

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend at Dean's Motel, just outside of Yachats. We dined at all the restaurants in town, and Ona took the gold medal. I remember it being a little pricey (I did not take notes), but it's fine dining, the only place in town, and it's worth the money.

We started with fried mushrooms and cauliflower appetizer. It was pretty greasy near the bottom of the bowl and could have used more time draining, but it came out hot and tasted great nonetheless. My wife had the oysters for dinner, and she was very happy.

The star for me was the seafood pasta. I am a sucker for this dish and every time I order it, I'm disappointed. Usually the seafood is not fresh or it's cooked to rubber, but for the first time in my life, I had perfect seafood linguine! The scallops were beautiful, crisp and buttery on the top and bottom and tender and juicy inside. The other fish (there were like 5 or 7 types) were cooked perfectly as well; the prawns crunched just right and the clams were soft but chewy enough. The sauce was creamy, consistent and seasoned just right. And right now, as I'm typing this, I'm thinking "we need to get a trip to Yachats on our calendar again."

The food at Ona is on par with Portland's best restaurants, and it's one of the top 2 best fish experiences that I've had in Oregon. The other was on the same weekend at Local Ocean in Newport.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

While we had good service here, most of the food was just Ok. My wife had the rockfish which was fine but came with bland potatoes. I chose the steak ( a mistake) It was not very tender at all. On the positive side, there was a nice variety of vegetables including broccoli, carrots, snap peas, squash, and asparagus with my steak. nice and crisp too
I think there are better places to eat in Yachats though

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We are fresh seafood people and this is a wonderful place to have halibut, crabcakes, just have it all and the fresh vegetables yummy. Combine this with surprising high level friendly service and our tired traveling selves could not have been happier.