“Very nice”

Ona Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entree. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fire place to chat with your friends and sip craft cocktails, regional wine and micro brews while having a snack or full dinner. At Ona our food is carefully sourced and globally inspired.
Corvallis, Oregon
“Very nice”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ona's is relatively new, at the South end of the strip of shops that comprises Yachats. It has a bit of an upscale atmosphere. We ate on the heated deck which has a view of the parking lot, but the food was good. I enjoyed stuffed sole and my Sweetie had tomato soup with pesto in it and a grilled cheese sandwich that was quite tasty. I had a very nice Kramer Muller Thurgau with my meal.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Ontario
“Upscale food in relaxed setting”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this was! We arrived in the small village of Yachats late one evening, hungry and wanting something fast. We checked listings on Tripadvisor and headed to Ona. Upon entering, we thought it may not be suitable for our 4-year-old, but we could not have been more wrong! He was made to feel very welcome, despite the somewhat upscale ambience of the place, and we all had excellent meals.

My husband and I had Dover sole wrapped around shrimps and crab, with an amazing sauce and really yummy wild rice. Our 4-year-old gobbled down his kid-menu item of meatloaf. But it was not just any meatloaf - made with 3 different kinds of meat and cooked to perfection, it was the mini version of the adult meal.

Service was fast and efficient, despite the place being packed.

Would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“Superb”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were staying near Seal Rock, had already eaten at April's in Newport (which was great) but decided to try Ona's. We sat outside and had a nice view overlooking the river. Started with the crab dip which was full of crab and the sourdough bread was great to scoop it up with. The poppyseed horseradish dressing was new for me and I will be trying to repeat it at home. My seafood platter was very tasty and filling. Hubby's Albacore tuna was huge! Well worth the $26.

• Visited September 2013
massachusetts
“maybe the best meal of our trip”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate here during an 18 night trip from San Francisco to Portland and this was arguably our best meal. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, even better staff!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was the 2nd year in a row we went to Yachats and ate at Ona with a very large group and both times the service and quality of food was amazing. Very good seafood dishes and the bar staff made excellent drinks. The best thing about Ona was the people who work there and run it. The day after we ate there, I was in dire need of fresh mint for mojitos and couldn't find any in Yachats or Waldport. I decided to stop by Ona (before they even opened for the day) to see if the chef could lend me some. Instead of brushing me off, they took me to their own herb garden around back and let me pick 4 different varieties of mint. How incredible!! Very kind folks, very kind food, we will definitely go back soon!!!

• Visited August 2013