“Food was ok service slow”

Ona Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entree. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fireplace to chat with your friends and sip craft cocktails, regional wine and micro-brews while having a snack or full dinner. At Ona our food is carefully sourced and globally inspired.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Atmosphere nice, food upscale but slow to come out. Server was friendly yet frantic and apologetic. They were busy and so I got a space at the bar. Bartender not focused and had to many duties besides just the bar, unable to keep up service failed. My suggestion is to get a bar back so the bartender can focus. Kitchen was slow, food quality could of been better just took to long to get out so I was bound to be let down. to bad has potential to be good.

1  Thank Penny W

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Took friends over mountain roads for lunch at this sweet little place along the Oregon coast between Florence and Waldport. Nice, varied menu with a great view of the Yachats River estuary either from inside or on the nice, big deck. The staff are friendly and genuinely eager to please. The cheeseburger was spot-on as were the clam chowder, crab cake sandwich and fish and chips, and their fries are top drawer. Ona invites you to sit back, enjoy the view and appreciate what a tiny little Oregon coastal town can deliver its visitors. If it weren't a fifty-mile, one-way drive we'd stop in regularly for dinner.Highly recommended.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed August 1, 2012

After two wonderful meals 13 months ago, I wanted to share the experience with my husband this year. So, I was surprised to find that not only was the service worse than slow (last year's experience) - it was incompetent from start to finish. More concerning: the food had deteriorated from world - class to poor.
We arrived at 7:30 PM on a Monday to half empty indoor and outdoor dining rooms to be told there would be a 30 minute wait: clearly understaffed. The forgetful host doubled as a forgetful water-server. A couple waiting near the door informed us they had been waiting 45 minutes-longer than they'd been told. We decided to go into the lounge for a cocktail and, after a bit of a wait (watched a harried but efficient bartender) we were served delicious Cosmopolitan cocktails. While sipping, we watched two people come in and get seated. Then we watched two more come in with no reservations and get seated. At 30 minutes my DH asked the host about our table. He had forgotten us. Things only got worse. The very tardy waitress asked us what we wanted to order before giving us menus: "Oh, you need to see menus." Seriously? Our table (and all others) had no silverware and we had to ask for silverware so we could eat our salads. This was after watching other diners ask her and the other server for silverware. Our waitress forgot to bring our drinks and after reminding her, she forgot again. Our salads had that 'made for a convention crowd hours - ago' look and taste; my 'seasonal vegetables,' snap peas, were overcooked and cold; the wild rice blend was warmed-over lukewarm, and the salmon cakes were nothing more than okay. This was the evening's special. I truly tried to figure out how it was special.

Was this joke night on the customers? I hope so because I've never experienced so much incompetence and apparent unconcern for customer service in one dining experience.
We won't be back. However, I've enjoyed my husband's recommendation for a better fitting restaurant name: Oh No.

2  Thank M H
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We ate here after being referred to Ona by a local we met on our first day here. We were not disappointed. The staff was lovely and attentive. The food was delicious. They had a nice menu and wine selection.

1  Thank Akhaustin
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stopped in for a quick lunch and ended up going back 3 more times during out week in Yachats. We expected small town diners, but got very high-end cuisine!